KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

The bike is an 640 LC4 enduro.

I have a high pitched, sort of rumble/Scraping noise coming from the ignition cover. It's not that loud but is more noticable when you get your ear on the end of a screwdriver and hold to the ignition cover.

Doesn't sound quite right to me.

Has any one got any ideas what I should be looking at first.

Cheers

·
Registered
341 Posts
has one of your crank bearings blown leaving your flywheel to hit the crankcasing maybe

just lean the bike onto its other side and take the cover off and have look inside could be your starter sprag clutch grenaded itself

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK Been out for a blat and also started to notice a bit of a vibration coming from the left foot peg. This got worse on my return home (London to Chatham and Back).:eek:

I went straight into the garage and stripped down the right hand side of the engine as far as I could without special tools (no holding wrench for flywheel that would fit and no extractor... Bollocks). But the flywheel is definatly coming into contact with the stator.

There is a tini tiny bit of play on the flywheel but I can't tell if there is play on the crank off/side. I haven't checked the crank on the nearside yet but I figure jugding by the vibes coming through the left foot peg that I've got crankcase bearings on the way out.

So I figure this is going to be a major strip and rebuild. This leads to a few questions.

Has anyone had this done?

DIY I'd have to purchase some special tools as well as parts gaskets etc.

Or

What sort of price would you reckon I'd pay if I put it in a workshop, Pref KTM?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts