KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was involved in a hit and run last week and bike is fairly badly damaged as am I although thankfully nothing broken.

Unfortunately as the police haven't found the driver the cost of repairs is down to me.

So if anyone has any right hand side plastics going for 2007 Adventure give me a shout please.

Suns out and I can't ride which p*sses me off even further.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Unfortunately as the police haven't found the driver the cost of repairs is down to me.
Arse. Sorry to hear that.

It might be worth seeing if you can make a claim against the uninsured driver fund at the MIB.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
metal and plastic can be mended.

flesh and bone - a little more difficult.

Glad you're up and about.

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Christ you have had a bad run with that bike.... :frown:

Happy to read there is no injury...

What a cock for not stopping though... where was it?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I was involved in a hit and run last week and bike is fairly badly damaged as am I although thankfully nothing broken.

So if anyone has any right hand side plastics going for 2007 Adventure give me a shout please.

Suns out and I can't ride which p*sses me off even further.
It must be an Adventure thing - they are rather small and not a large road presence--NOT!!
I'm going through the same thing and am currently jumping through the form hoops that are necessary for MIB claim.
Funny, but I thought all roads were extensivley covered by cctv but the comment I got from the cops was "we got cctv but at night time we can't make out the colour or type of cars from so high up so whilst we can see you on the film we can't see the twat in the large green estate car".
Next time (if I'm unfortunate to have another twat do it to me) I'm gonna say I saw the driver messing about with an uzi on the passenger seat which is why he probably didn't notice me. :mad:

Glad you're OK and nothing too bad.

·
Registered
629 Posts
And another thing - can't claim for cut off clothing from the MIB, so I've spent me rainey day fund on new halversons and power wear lid.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Sorry to hear of your aggro. I have a R/H side fairing panel if it's any good to you. It is unused but has a two inch scratch near the bottom, the colour is orange.. If you want pics send me your email address via a PM.

cheers, Bob.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay...... some drivers are just fxxxing shxts.

Nearly got wiped this morning..... a moron decided to block my path as I filtered passed his car on the carpark that is the M6.....
I was only doing 10mph.... Grabbed a handful of front brake and thought I was going to go over the handle bars.....
the Driver - got out, jumped over the bonnet and had his face in my helmet shouting abuse!
You've got no right to jump the queue - you should wait the like the rest of us... expletive expletive
and for the first time in my life I was really glad to first hear and then see the unmarked cop car flash his lights....
police car was in the middle lane 1 car ahead and caught it all on the rear facing camera....
Officer said - You're under caution to the driver, will charge the driver with dangerous driving / Undue Care & attention.
Other cop helped me over to the side of the MWay... took my details & told me take five before I continued.

What a great way to start the week.....

·
Registered
5,561 Posts

Nearly got wiped this morning..... a moron decided to block my path as I filtered passed his car on the carpark that is the M6.....
I was only doing 10mph.... Grabbed a handful of front brake and thought I was going to go over the handle bars.....
the Driver - got out, jumped over the bonnet and had his face in my helmet shouting abuse!
You've got no right to jump the queue - you should wait the like the rest of us... expletive expletive
and for the first time in my life I was really glad to first hear and then see the unmarked cop car flash his lights....
police car was in the middle lane 1 car ahead and caught it all on the rear facing camera....
Officer said - You're under caution to the driver, will charge the driver with dangerous driving / Undue Care & attention.
Other cop helped me over to the side of the MWay... took my details & told me take five before I continued.

Far kin ell.
What. a. coont :eek:

Did you get his name, etc?
What luck the police were right there! Hope the bastard gets a right slapping...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

Im sure this is why they fit meta caps on the front of enduro/mx boots - they come in handy in these situations

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I dont think i would've held back.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
A coont maybe,BIG?.....not yet!! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
For any injuries, think about the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) as well. Hopefully, you saw your doc and/or hospital so there are records of the injuries (although bear in mind some injuries aren't immediately apparent and/or visible). Fairly straightforward process, so you shouldn't need to incur the cost of a lawyer. Unlike an injury claim if the other driver is insured I think (but don't guarantee) that if you use a lawyer for a CICA claim, the CICA won't pay out anything for legal costs, so you'd have to meet them yourself, successful or not. I stand to be corrected on that bit, though.

If you google CICA, that should get you started.

Good luck

·
Registered
792 Posts
Far kin ell.
What. a. coont :eek:

Did you get his name, etc?
What luck the police were right there! Hope the bastard gets a right slapping...
Yep -- new name for Audi drivers "Coonts" (bit of a generalisation :p) - Just glad I did n't drop the bike and damage myself.....
Na - Police seperated us asap, first time for every thing, reckon the :wanker: is gonna get it one day

Im sure this is why they fit meta caps on the front of enduro/mx boots - they come in handy in these situations
I reckon if I had done what I wanted which was take his left hand mirror off with my boot... before clocking the police car... I'd be the one facing charges :hmh:

I dont think i would've held back.
I don't think the driver would've even tried to block your path mate.... not with your shadow:p

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the get wells and advice :)

Being on hardcore painkillers and alcohol is helping!

I've just been told by Hyside that the bike is likely an insurance write off (£5500 just in parts exc VAT). So I will go next week and see what is worth salvaging as the way the insurance do things is ridiculous anyway i.e. it has a spec of dust on it, REPLACE IT!

Apperently the coppers went to the registered address and interviewed the family but no one knows who was driving......................

That is all I know so far.

Do you think I can use the sympathy to buy a SuperDuke or SuperEnduro ?? lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts