KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a new helmet - HJC AC-X1 (KTM Racing Pro). I bought it via ebay with the assurance from the seller that it had an ACU gold sticker as I need it for the Cambrian Rally. The helmet is ECE R 22-05 approved but has no ACU gold sticker. Can anybody please advise me on whether this helmet has been submitted to the ACU for approval or how I would find out and then legitimately get hold of a sticker? Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a BMW Enduro Helmet that has no gold sticker but its safety rating is higher than gold.
As this looked likely to cause confusion and possibly exclusion from the Ryedale, I just bought an ebay sticker!
No problems thereafter.

Some new £50 helmets have gold acu stickers? Nobody seems to be really bothered about the real safety issue, just the sticker.

·
Registered
496 Posts
My mate had his lid taken off him at scrutineering at the Powys Enduro cos it didnt have a gold sticker. They said he could have it back after the event, so he didnt just borrow mine to scrutineer then use his own. He ended up borrowing one from someone else and wearing it for the event. The scrutineers came and tracked him down before the start to make sure he had one, otherwise no ride that day.

Just buy one off ebay and stick it on - thats all they are looking for, just to cover themselves. Its up to you if you stick it on a helmet made of cheese that subsequently fails and hurts your head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts