KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again
just passin some advice threw might help
Ever spent ages tryin to get the bloody c clip in the ktm 250 300 pistons with out it flyin out or scoring the side of the piston and no where seems to sell a tool in the uk unless you want to pay a fortune.
Well all ya need is a pair of long nose pliers and a grinder !
Simply cut a little cut close to the end of each jaw so the circlip can sit in the grove and thats it 5 second job!!

Registered
Thats a great tool, thanks for sharing. Not being pedantic but I think its called a wrist pin circlip.

"Wrist pin"...that's the sort of crap that Trump would call it!

It's a gudgeon pin circlip, one should always have a cup of tea and cucumber sandwich immediately after fitting a pair of circlips.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
"Wrist pin"...that's the sort of crap that Trump would call it!

It's a gudgeon pin circlip, one should always have a cup of tea and cucumber sandwich immediately after fitting a pair of circlips.
馃憣馃憣馃憣馃憣馃憣馃憣

Registered
Brilliant idea. Well done. I have two pistons to do soon and I was dreading the usual pain (physical and emotional) that comes with fitting those fucking circlips.

Oh and "gudgeon pin" is what they were called in the 60s when everything was in imperial... What the fuck has a small fish got to do with an engine anyway...

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers. You should buy up some cheap pliers, mod them and sell them on ebay - sure they would sell.
[/QUOTE
Use the smallest cutting disc you can buy know the ones that if ya move it abit when ya cutting they fly into about a thousand bits lol
Was playin with a old piston before puttin the c clip in and out no bother thinkin thank fuck i dinny have to deal with this shit again 馃槀馃槀馃槀
I canny sell them tho only a pair of pliers with a cut out them realy not like a proper machined tool that took hours to make lol
If you use the bigger pliers and put a cut in them same place there great for takin car wheel stud covers off to

Registered
I wear a straw boater hat and striped punting jacket doing clips. Seems to work for me.

I like the modded pliers though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts