KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
They are plug in resistors and are simple to fit. It involves taking off both tanks and follow the wires from the lambda sensors in the exhausts til you get to the plug connection. Plug in the eliminator where the sensor was. I`ve been told that disconnecting the sensors at this point will have the same affect only the orange FI light will flash. The only reason for the eliminator is to trick the ECU into thinking that the O2 sensors are still connected.

I dont know whether my low idle was down to me being unable to do the 15 min reset when i fiotted the cans, as the o2 sensors were disabled. Maybe now that I`ve done the reset, if i reconnect the eliminators they may work fine and the bike may idle fine. I havent had the time to try this.

Cant see thet an 15 minute idle will be much good as vital information sent too the ecu is not changing...caus the lamber aint working ...

I`m no bike mechanic and I tend to use trial and error. To start with i disconnected the lambdas and fitted the eliminators with stock cans... and it ran far smoother. Then I fitted the cans (still with the lambdas disconnected) and it idled at 1000, stalling once.....so I reconnected the lambdas, did the 15 min idle and now it idles at 1500. Now that the bike has reset itself with the new cans and lambdas, I was going to try disconnecting the lambdas again and fitting the eliminators.

the light should not be flashing as the ecu thinks the lambars are still on the end off the wires(resistors job).....the light only flashes when the ecu senses somthings wrong

My FI light isnt flashing because I have reconnected the Lambdas. It will only flash if you have the lambdas disconnected and no eliminators fitted. You could try disconnecting he lambdas to see if your bike runs better.The FI light will flash, but if you notice an improvement you could get yourslef a pair of eliminators for 20 quid and the FI light will stop flashing.

I fitted a GPR 2-1 system when my origional rotted through.I have ran the bike with the O2 sensors diconnected for about 3000mls,tried to make up resistors as described on the superduke forum but still gave a fault code.The bike now runs far better than it ever did.I did all the usual mods...throttle cam....gearing change....15 minute idle etc.I have a bit of black tape covering the flashing light,will buy the o2 plugs off e bay and fit them when i do my next service.The only strange thing running without lambda sensors,the bike starts up and revs at 1000 for a couple of seconds then revs to 3k throwing out a bit of smoke then settles down to 1.5k.Only smokes for a second or two when cold.I wouldnt do this mod with standard cans as it would kill the cats.The bike now runs the way it should have out of the crate.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.