KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new here just got a sd the weekend it has akiys on already just woundered if it needed a power commander or remapping (how do i know if its been remapped allready ) only rode the bike for 5 mins before i payed up for it :D

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Ask the dealer who put the Akras on for the previous owner. All KTM models info is held on the KTM dealernet and they will know the full history of the bike.

There's no other way without KTM kit that I know of.

You don't really "need" a power commander with just Akras, but if you mess with the airbox or air fliter it would help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dutch, i have to disagree on one part here... my bike hardly run with Leo slip-ons and stock mapping... kept stalling every time RPM dropped, and generally run like absolute shit. maybe if you have restrictors and baffles in the slipons, it would be better, but with 'open' leo's it run dangerously lean... i don't know if Euro/NA gas difference plays any role in this... and few people report running stock map with slipon and even with MH airbox without problems, so it's hard to say... this was my experience.

i would strongly advise getting PC/tuneboy and having custom map done... best-spent $250 ever! (well, 250 for the map, another 250 for the PC... still worth it!)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have run Akras with a Akra KTM map and with power commader mapped........Big difference much more responsive, smoother and all togeather nicer to ride with power commader

1 - 6 of 6 Posts