KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. I am new to the bike industry and love it so far!
I have recently brouhgt a Ktm Duke 125 and love it but I feel as I am a fairly tall and heavy that I could do with more power! I have heard about re-mapping and de restricting but I have no clue what to do.
Can anyone help?
I no the bike has 15bhp Is there anyway to increase it.
Legally ......
Many Thanks

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
You'd be better off losing weight (no offence)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love an RC8R but thought Id start off small to start, etuna I would love to lose weight but cant lol natural build. So judging by them replies, there is no way to improve the power?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right ok if it cant be found then Im all up for it how would I go about de restricting it?? Again sorry new to all this lol much appreciate the advice and the welcome

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
To be honest you won't get much more than the current 15bhp out of a 4 stroke 125 I am afraid. What licence do you have ? If you like the Duke 125 could you trade it in and move up to the 200 (with nearly double the power) or wait a short while and get the 390 Duke when it is released in spring ? Probably more cost effective options than trying to tune the 125.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Currently on a CBT untill summer kicks in them I will be doing Direct Access so I am stuck with the little bike for now. Money is not much of an issue atm so anything to increase the thrill on this 125 will be better than nothing. I appreciate everybodies replies so far thank you

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi Jason, By the sounds of it and what other have been saying me personally would not bother de-restricting/boosting performance the bike, just use this time to gain experience on the road and before you know it you will have a bigger bike and be able to enjoy the experience even more.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If he wants more power why are you telling him he should get experience how patronizing is that. Its hardly like de-restricting it is going to turn it into some uncontrollable beast that just wants to kill him .
Isn't 14bhp its max power in de-restricted form?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Buy an Aprilia 125, they can be tuned to 33bhp

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to buy an Aprillia RS125 until I sat on one and realised it was a bit uncomfortable for my size. I can see most people are saying not to bother but I am only a month into this bike and feel the need for more speed lol. My bike is 15bhp standard and I know most bikes can be tuned or remapped but not alot of people know bout improving the duke. Once I do my full direct access in the summer I may go for a super duke if I get insured on one

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
wait till the summer then, not that we get much of one any more......

·
Registered
705 Posts
He is saying summers are shit and always raining.

If you derestrict it it could invalidate you're insurance and be more difficult to sell it on.

If you don't care about the above points take it to a KTM dealer and ask how to or get them to de restict it.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Get an Aprilia Tuono 125, they are for big boys. My lad has one de-restricted and it's got all the power you want.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right the summers lol ye we usually get one in september more than june july haha! I dont think I will risk the insurance being first time rider it will kill me next year.Other Question for all was has anyone plasti dipped their bike. I have a friend who is starting up doing it. Just wondering has anyone dipped their KTM?

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
You're doing all this to a brand new 125?

When can you get a proper bike?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am very impatient lol I can get a faster bike once I do the Direct access I didnt think at the time to get a more powerful bike and restrict it ready.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts