KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose to be going on a bit of a ride on Sunday with a few mates. Starting in Chorley Lancs, down through Cheshire Shropeshire down to Hereford. Then across mid Wales to Aberystwyth Bala, Wexham, Chester and back home. Circa 450 miles on a 640 SM :eek:

Me is thinking a bit too far for a poor little single cylinder, not to mention the sore arse from the seat

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
what are your mates riding and what sort of roads ?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are your mates riding and what sort of roads ?
Mainly Ducati's 1198s Hypermotard Monster ST2. I suspect there will be a mixture of roads. It wont be a mad ball out nutter blast. Its more the distance im worried about

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Mate, you will have a square arse! I recently rode from Derby to Goodwood and back again the next day and in all honesty wouldn't want to ride any further. That's not even taking into account what bikes your mates will be riding. :scooter:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
As long as the corners keep coming, I'd ride mine all day long. But I have no interest in doing anything more than a couple of hundred miles on highways.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
the bike will do it you wont unless you have a very padded arse

·
Registered
154 Posts
I (and beakster) have done that more than once, its doable. But it wont be easy. :D

Suppose to be going on a bit of a ride on Sunday with a few mates. Starting in Chorley Lancs, down through Cheshire Shropeshire down to Hereford. Then across mid Wales to Aberystwyth Bala, Wexham, Chester and back home. Circa 450 miles on a 640 SM :eek:

Me is thinking a bit too far for a poor little single cylinder, not to mention the sore arse from the seat

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
hayden 69 (off here) rode from Notts to me (isle of wight) did a bit over here and then rode back all in 2 days

he felt like he had been raped by a jack hammer

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
hayden 69 (off here) rode from Notts to me (isle of wight) did a bit over here and then rode back all in 2 days

he felt like he had been raped by a jack hammer
Only about 25miles further than my journey..........don't do it! Can't you get an extended test ride of something? ;)

New Street Triple would be a giggle, or even better it's bigger bro the Speed Triple :D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Last summer I did around 620 miles round trip..
All went fine except a missing screw from my handguards and a sore arse :D

The bike can do it, can you? ;)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The bike should be ok since its the same as the desert bikes aint it? I rode from Taunton to Notts and it killed me...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Last June I rode from John O Groats to Land's End in 16 hours with 4 other mates... That was on a Fazer 1000. The furthest I've gone on the LC4 is SE London to Tonbridge Wells and that was far enough thank you!

As mentioned above it's doable if the corners keep coming but I can't imagine what that ride out would be like on an LC4 except for arse ache.

Still think you should do it if only for the challenge. Take plenty of petrol money for the frequent stops that will be needed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
stick a pillow under yer arse and a jery can strapped to the back of the bike, 20 miles on mine and my balls felt in a funny way that wasnt good lol good luck

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

300 miles on a 640 will have you spending the next day in bed - noise, vibration and exposure to the elements will leave your neck and shoulder muscles aching, probably a thumping headache and your backside will feel like a rent boys after a Friday night out in Wigan.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Just get out and do it , if you are worried about your arse then go to your local cycle shop and get some shorts with the chamie in them lycra type put them on without undies , this stops baboon bum, i use them on enduros and lanes my mates take the piss but it's my ass so i don't care. 8+ hours on a 200 seat no probs

and just for fun take a wee bit of oil with you when you stop and ducati rider goes for a piss pour oil down exhaust , then see what happens when you set off naughty but funny

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forgot that im stopping up near Lancaster the night before so thats gonna add another 30+ miles to the already guestimated 450 miles!!! I've done 300 before in one sitting (Pun intended) Felt like I had been buggered by bigger boys for about 2 days after. Anyways looking at the forcast it may be a none starter yet!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'd be inclined to give the Cheshire/Shropshire/Hereford a miss and head for Bala/Barmouth/Snowdonia. Plenty of good roads round there without doing big Mileage.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Forgot that im stopping up near Lancaster the night before so thats gonna add another 30+ miles to the already guestimated 450 miles!!! I've done 300 before in one sitting (Pun intended) Felt like I had been buggered by bigger boys for about 2 days after. Anyways looking at the forcast it may be a none starter yet!
Why? do you melt in the rain or sumat ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts