KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya,

Getting my smt on Saturday and want to have secure chains ready for my new baby when I get it home (and for work) so will get Almax or Pragmasis chains this week.

Do any of you SM-T owners chain through the frame to a ground anchor? Do 16 and 19mm chains fit through the frame? And how long a chain do you think I will need (the anchor will be in the ground just under and behind the rear wheel)

thanks,

bfg

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I used to use a 16mm link (III) through the frame on my 950 so it should go through the frame on the 990. I would get a 2m one.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've got a 1.2 metre chain for my SMT.I thread it through the 'V' of the frame directly above the footpeg on the stand side . I put it through the frame before I push the bike back into its parking place and then its lent tight up against the wall.I've then got to get on the floor and thread the chain through my ground anchor from underneath.There is no spare chain on the floor what-so-ever. Its a bit of a kerrfuffle but it means its that much harder to get a pair of bolt cutters on there aswell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any views on which is the best choice? Almax vs Pragmasis?

I'm leaning towards the latter right now simply because they will let me ship to my office where Almax apparently want me to take a day off just to sit at home and wait for a chain...

/bfg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts