KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
990 Adventure 57 plate with Akro's fitted. I`m about to run it out to see how far exactly I get on a tank and how far with the fuel light on.

I reckon about 140 to the light and a further 30 with the light on.

Anyone else ever run theirs dry??

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I don't don't care what I get to the tank :eek: it's all about smiles per miles instead of miles per tank for me . But if you've got the akro map it'll be harder on it than on the standard map or so most say .

·
Registered
133 Posts
i got 190 miles then the light came on.it was varied riding from messin around scratchin to cruisin on a bit of dual carriageway:D oh yes,smiles all the way;)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I would say that legal speeds will see me do 220 to the tank on a good day if i stay in an high gear and dont stop much.
I can get it down to 125 to the tank by riding hard.

That is on the 950adv(22l) and not the 990(18.5l)

·
Registered
41 Posts
990 Adventure 57 plate with Akro's fitted. I`m about to run it out to see how far exactly I get on a tank and how far with the fuel light on.

I reckon about 140 to the light and a further 30 with the light on.

Anyone else ever run theirs dry??

Sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Sounds about right to me.
Sounds about right to me too ............

140 to light on the road for 'normal' riding - although I have seen 90 miles :D

About 100 miles when 'green laning' with a good deal of lanes and a few roads between.

Mine ran out at 14 miles after the light came on :eek:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I get 160 to the light, if I ride it hard probably 130.

Usually down slow when the fuel lights come on, 30 miles to the light. I don't push my luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
180 miles if I am careful (not often). 160 average. 125 riding like a tw*t or offroading. Never run reserve dry but I have done 30 miles being careful.

07 990, Akra pipes, standard map. 17/45 gearing. Touring screen mostly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Best 158, worst 90. I reckon 130 average and then 30m if you take it easy on reserve. If I fill up the moment the light comes on there is always 4l left in the tank and I can squeeze 15.5l in if I brim it. I am going to do a long ride on Sunday, weather permitting. Which will be interesting as I have had a PC fitted, dyno'ed and custom mapped and this will be my first long run.

·
Registered
290 Posts
990 Adventure R with Akros:

Consistently 240-250 km before the light, but according to the fill up there's still at least another 5 ltrs of fuel left and I have done 80 km with the light on - rolling down hill etc..

Little Lewy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My SMT has a similar tank size and the same motor as the Adventure - fitted with LeoVince SBK cans
I recently did 301km on 17.5ltr after riding mostly motorway at 130-140kph
Admittedly this is the best Ive ever gotten - I normally do about 265km on 17Ltr
and mostly 220-240km before the light comes on
49Km is the furthest Ive ridden with the reserve light on

However I havent yet run out of fuel

·
Registered
22 Posts
30 miles is about as much as I have ever had after the light comes on, but remember that it only messures the miles you've done and not the time the engine is run, start ups use more fuel and so does slow speed or fraffic !

If you run out lean the bike over to the left to get some fuel into the pump !
it might get you another mile !
I have run it dry many times !

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made it......slightly wrong on the mileage....I`m now showing 34.9 miles with the light on, and still going.
Riding like a bit of a Jessie....nothing above 6k RPM. All dual c/way on the way home.
lets see if it makes it to work tomorrow...................standby!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
950 with akros (and baffles back in) - Best 200 miles / worst 148 (enthusiastic riding)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts