KTM Owners Forum banner
281 - 300 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I keep looking. Did 75 mile usual little jaunt along canal towpath on Monday.

Can get a hard tail for a little over £2k now. Giant fathom etc.

My mate got us some energy gels to swig to power us home.

Awful stuff. Like fizzy jizz (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,257 Posts
I keep looking. Did 75 mile usual little jaunt along canal towpath on Monday.

Can get a hard tail for a little over £2k now. Giant fathom etc.

My mate got us some energy gels to swig to power us home.

Awful stuff. Like fizzy jizz (I think).

Giant, top bikes, great value. Big buying power for them, so are usually higher spec than same price opposition.

75 miles, decent ride!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
A mate has bought a 2021 giant trance. 3yr warranty on motor and battery. 3yr 0% finance makes it quite affordable and the 3yr cover on the motor might swing it for me. Only problem is the 15mph limit is turning out to be ludicrous. I can pedal just as quick and in some cases quicker on my old 2005 pedal bike. Comes into its own on long steep climbs or shorter ones if you start from a standstill. Short hills with a run up I can pull away. Hit the speed limit and it feels like you are fighting the motor. Magnetic speed override gadget on its way I believe.

Reactions: Mabb_1974

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
You notice if you unlock them battery life is very short, I don't mind the 15moh as the majority of the time I am over that but have the option of dropping down to have a blow

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
It looks like the tuning options for eMTB's is wide with lots of companies offering products.

·
Registered
19,257 Posts
A mate has bought a 2021 giant trance. 3yr warranty on motor and battery. 3yr 0% finance makes it quite affordable and the 3yr cover on the motor might swing it for me. Only problem is the 15mph limit is turning out to be ludicrous. I can pedal just as quick and in some cases quicker on my old 2005 pedal bike. Comes into its own on long steep climbs or shorter ones if you start from a standstill. Short hills with a run up I can pull away. Hit the speed limit and it feels like you are fighting the motor. Magnetic speed override gadget on its way I believe.
My dealer said he can reset the computer to 26" rims, instead of 29", and get more speed out it it. Not much, but it only needs about 5 more KPH. I hit 50KPH on mine downhill the other day. So it's possible 😂
Nice bike the Trance 👍👍

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Yea the 15mph just needs lifting to about 20. 15 is very easy to pedal past but 20 mph is a bit more difficult to maintain pedal wise. Just doesn't make sense to have a limit of 15.
As far as on the road goes, well I can do a long ride with that as an average speed. Carbon road bike not the old mtb!

Reactions: Bollocks

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
The little magnet and gears on the rear hub works wonders by all accounts.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
See link. It's a mechanical slip on device that uses gears inside to reduce the ratio the the speed sensor magnetic works. So bike thinks its going slower than it is.

Reactions: Bollocks

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I hit 62 on my ebike logged it on gps, shit myself but it was fun, but I did around the same speed on my carbon roadie that was even worse twitchy

It was down hill, pendine hill in west wales

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Yeah I often pass ebikes on the flat, then get passed on the climb after.

But feel like I’ve earned it on my ancient lightweight mtb.

Don’t want to spunk a load of cash and feel like I’m cheating

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I used to feel the same I was cycling 100 miles a week before, you still blow out your arse , get to a Mt bike center and hire one

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I’ve bought one online.

Will see if it comes. Seems a little cheap to be genuine.

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
You will find everything you need here.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yea the 15mph just needs lifting to about 20. 15 is very easy to pedal past.
As far as on the road goes, well I can do a long ride with that as an average speed. Carbon road bike not the old mtb!
An average speed of over 15 mph on a long road ride is some going for normal folk, I slog out a good hill with a gradient of 16 at around walking pace, an EMTB can do that in eco ( lowest power mode) around 6-7mph,
15.5 mph is slow but its all we are going to get for legal reasons, and to be honest I reckon even that's in danger of being fucked over by the powers that be very soon.

15 mph is actually enough on tight single track.

I am surprised these bikes haven't been banned from trail centres. The odd time i have been to my local red route the bike dominates, its actually ridiculous how many times you have to say excuse me to decent riders as you overtake.

Some guys hear the squeak of the brakes behind them and think fuck you I'm not pulling over, its only when they look behind and see you smoking a *** while swaging a can of beer and eating a McDonald's while there spitting out a lung they admit defeat.

281 - 300 of 338 Posts