KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
301 - 320 of 476 Posts

·
Administrator
10,297 Posts
Thats it. I'm sold on eMTB's, I need one. Just watched this review video of the Whyte 150 but its the terrain that's sold it. I really think that eMTBs will over take green laning. Watch it to the end, it just gets better and better.

Reactions: v-tec

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thats it. I'm sold on eMTB's, I need one. Just watched this review video of the Whyte 150 but its the terrain that's sold it. I really think that eMTBs will over take green laning. Watch it to the end, it just gets better and better.

Thats why i liked it. And anybody who rides offroad mbikes its fucking ace!

·
Administrator
10,297 Posts
Reactions: fozzy17

·
Administrator
10,297 Posts
I'm looking at the 160 RS. Dealer in Edinburgh had 3 in stock.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My son has a 2020 Merida eOne-Sixty 9000 Carbon e Bike. 450 Miles From New. LARGE. I have owned the bike from New. Bought it may last year. The bike hasn’t been used much at all. Still on original tyres and pads. The bike is in excellent condition and one on the best spec bikes money can buy. It also looks absolutely stunning. I will be sad to see it go I just don’t get the use out of it.
He is looking for £5200 Ono.
Contact him at [email protected] for photos of questions.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Went further, climbed more.

Did it feel like cheating? Yes.

I dunno. Feels amazing, but you get this grim realisation that things will never be the same.

A bit like when your a kid and find out about sex and realise what mummy and daddy have been up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,749 Posts
Went further, climbed more.

Did it feel like cheating? Yes.

I dunno. Feels amazing, but you get this grim realisation that things will never be the same.

A bit like when your a kid and find out about sex and realise what mummy and daddy have been up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. 😂 It's like having Lance Armstrong's legs, without the juice.
I do a lot of beach rides at low tide, sit on 30kph for 90 minutes. So much fun and relaxing, still get the heart rate up. So much to see, changes every ride. Love it

·
Administrator
10,297 Posts
Whats the answer to extending range? Looking at the bosch calculator in emtb mode you can only get about 40km range.

·
Registered
19,749 Posts
Mines probably 40km in turbo, because it's a lightweight smaller battery pushy.
I can buy a battery pack, at a hefty price, that sits in the drink bottle cage. I've yet to need it.
But when I go bush and camp and do some adventure rides, I'll buy one for piece of mind. Because they aren't easy to pedal unassisted!

It's a trade off having a light high performance MTB with a less powerful battery. Compared to a much heavier long range bike.
If you compare the Specilized Levo and Levo SL( what I have) you'll see the differences. Both excellent. Just depends on what you plan on doing.
My wife's bike has a massive range, but is designed for street riding.

If you think range is important, look at bigger more powerful bikes. I ride a lot of downhill MTB tracks. So wanted a bike to suit.
If it's flat and not very technical where you intend to ride, get something like the Levo, or similar.
I think being realistic with what you will do on it is important.

·
Administrator
10,297 Posts
Not all bikes seem to have the option of a range extender, only option is a spare battery in a back pack

Reactions: Dorset turbos

·
Administrator
10,297 Posts
That's not available for the bike I'm looking at

301 - 320 of 476 Posts