KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Bosch with the 625w battery. On the Whyte e160RS there is no provision for connecting and kind of extender, whereas on some makes like Orbea they have them available and designed for that bike and frame.

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
625 is massive! Mines 320. And the extender is 160. So 625 is plenty. I doubt you'll ever run that out of power. How far are you planning to ride?!
Obviously you get way more miles out of it when not in full power mode. So get fitter.
Buy the Whyte.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Bosch with the 625w battery. On the Whyte e160RS there is no provision for connecting and kind of extender, whereas on some makes like Orbea they have them available and designed for that bike and frame.
Honestly mate you wont need any more range than 625w with the bosch.

I'm guessing your not lance Armstrong or some roady that does a 100k in his lunch hour.
I can get 70 miles out of my bosch 625 over several rides, yes I like to feel the pain and push on in eco or off.
My longest ride was 42 miles, easy to dismiss and a few will say that's fuck all but in reality it is a day out from your house back to your house and had plenty battery left.

I climbed one of the easy mountains on holiday in Aviemore and had some fun in tour ( that's probably all you need with the bosch ) its a power house of a motor and came back to the holiday cottage with 30% battery over 36 miles, Again a full day out.
As for fitness ? I've been lazy and not been out for 2 months ( I normally ride a minimum of 4 times a week with my local park route 12 miles and weekends 25-30 miles. I've put on half a stone and altered the setting on my Garmin watch to stop bleeping saying I'm turning into a fat bastard :(
One word of wisdom, get a Garmin 830 and understand how to use the Garmin tools, the adventures this has revealed even from my doorstep where I thought I new it all is an eye opener, combined with Kamoot it still finds adventures for me even though I think I no it all.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Forgot to say, get a bum bag and load some tools, and the BIGGEST BIGGEST most important word of advise is set your tires up for tubeless, after a 7 mile walk home as a beginner I learnt the hard way.

After 8 months on my new bike have many punctures but non leak air ;)
And do not underestimate how far from home an Emtb can take you even on a 20 mile round trip, its a long walk home.

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts

I'm guessing your not lance Armstrong or some roady that does a 100k in his lunch hour.
I can get 70 miles out of my bosch 625 over several rides, yes I like to feel the pain and push on in eco or off.
My longest ride was 42 miles, easy to dismiss and a few will say that's fuck all but in reality it is a day out from your house back to your house and had plenty battery left.

I climbed one of the easy mountains on holiday in Aviemore and had some fun in tour ( that's probably all you need with the bosch ) its a power house of a motor and came back to the holiday cottage with 30% battery over 36 miles, Again a full day out.
As for fitness ? I've been lazy and not been out for 2 months ( I normally ride a minimum of 4 times a week with my local park route 12 miles and weekends 25-30 miles. I've put on half a stone and altered the setting on my Garmin watch to stop bleeping saying I'm turning into a fat bastard :(
One word of wisdom, get a Garmin 830 and understand how to use the Garmin tools, the adventures this has revealed even from my doorstep where I thought I new it all is an eye opener, combined with Kamoot it still finds adventures for me even though I think I no it all.

With any new venture I embark on tend to over research the whole thing and plot out all the possible things that may or may not happen. I haven't even taken delivery yet so I don't really need to worry.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I've done my 500 watt battery, depends on your size, I'm around 17 stone so tend to use more battery, I carry a 500 battery with me but very rarely use it ,also depends on what mode you run in , touring is normally good for 50 miles ISH

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Whatever happened to puncture repair kits? I carry a couple of inner tubes on my mountain bike, and a load of Park stick-on puncture repair patches. And since chucking the stupid 'ultra-light' rubber nonsense and going for extra-strength, had very few unfortunate leaks while pounding away.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Tubless Stan's tubless kit is the way to go, not done me ebike but my hardtail is done, a lot less rolling resistance and never had a puncture in 8 years best thing you will do

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
All my bikes are Tubliss, it's brilliant. But it's not foolproof, so I carry a tube, a few basic tools and mini O2 canisters. Way better than a pump.
All in a Camelbak, bum bags are gay as.

321 - 331 of 331 Posts