KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I just upgraded my eMTB to a Devinci AC XT. It is basically like a small MX bike, the geometry and 180mm of suspension feel like a moto. Its f8ckin awesome.

On todays ride my top speed was just over 50mph with an average of 37.6mph on one descent. This descent was not a fire road but a steep fast natural single track with drops and berms. Just awesome and no hassle from anyone.

DEVINCI-E-ALL-MOUNTAIN-ACXT-ACXT-8.jpg

Next week I am going to place I used to ride my motos a lot (with the eMTB), until the police and locals idiots riding on roads without helmets ruined it for us all. I got cautioned with an Asbo last time I was there on the moto.

This will be awesome on an eMTB, and simply no hassle with police or locals.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
That place looks truly awsome, The only place I’ve ridden in scootland is the down hill at Fort William
It is awesome, best place I have ridden a moto by far. Issue is the local neds like pit bikes and noisy 450 4t so the Police take action every now and again. If the neds just kept the bikes quiet until they were in the bing it would be fine, but no they have to ride along canal paths, across football pitches etc to get there, which rightly pisses locals off.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I Borrowed a mates one the other day
Awesome thing
Mine turns up next week ?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
I sort of own one. Liv Embolden E+. Ridden by Mrs Weeksy, maintained by me. Joint purchased by us both.

I rode it yesterday. Stupid big heavy lump of a thing that doesn't jump, has the feel of an elephant and the turning circle of the QE2. Sure, it pedals effectively though.

I can see why people buy them, but still not for me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sold my KTM 500 & RM 250, as there were less & less places to ride legally, but missed the off road stuff. Bought a mandraulic hardtail mtb, but my knees weren’t up to the job, as I couldn’t stand and pedal without a dislocation, so it became an ornament. Finally bought the Fantic 160 ebike last March & fucking love it. As for the snide remarks and comments we might get on the trails, my stock comment these days is “when you’ve got as much money as I have, youncan ride what and where you like”. There’s no reply to that, which hopefully pisses them off even more ?.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
i bought one a few months ago only used it once, its a cube super light, the guy i bought it off paid £6500+ spare battery maybe more integrated dropper fox Kashmir (or what ever they called) and he paid £800 or £600 for the spare battery then he put 4 pots down hill brakes on it, and bought new smaller clocks (i have the original clocks) more money than sense, went to his house it was up for £2500 i asked what he was selling, ohh i am buying the 2019 model, i say whats new on the 2019, he said integrated battery 600 watt i said well you have two 500 watt battery's now? he was like i fancy i change 7200 madness, i said i got cash, he said give me 2k for it so i bought it

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
That’s what I’ve just bought 2017 160 cube stereo 4 pot brakes dropper post

Reactions: fozzy17

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It might just be me but you may find you use your enduro bike less and less because it's such a bloody faf. Ebike is 80-90% as fun but with none shite, you just go out and ride it. I think you really need to take them somewhere with decent hills though to get the fun from speed. It can even be fun riding up hills on the single track. The down side is they are a bit dull on the flat (uncomfortable saddle) and slow on the wide tracks/roads at 15mph. I have not noticed any negativity from other cyclists but if you want to be one of those trendy, clique joining, vw transporter driving , cool wankers you may struggle to get excepted by your brethren. Also a second battery is well worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Stopped racing Enduro a few years ago, all the local trails have been regraded and are just boring for an EXC. Got an eMTB about 6 months ago, bloody brilliant. Opened up a whole new area of riding with being able to legally ride Bridleways. No agro from walkers or horse riders, keeps me fit and out in the winter. Been through proper sloppy mud that would be impossible on an ordinary bike. Turns out quite a few motorcycle trail riders around here have moved to eMTB. Highly recommend it.
Make the most of it though, it is gaining popularity so fast that the activists in the national parks are trying to restrict their use.
10 Years max before they're banned from Bridleways?

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Stopped racing Enduro a few years ago, all the local trails have been regraded and are just boring for an EXC. Got an eMTB about 6 months ago, bloody brilliant. Opened up a whole new area of riding with being able to legally ride Bridleways. No agro from walkers or horse riders, keeps me fit and out in the winter. Been through proper sloppy mud that would be impossible on an ordinary bike. Turns out quite a few motorcycle trail riders around here have moved to eMTB. Highly recommend it.
Make the most of it though, it is gaining popularity so fast that the activists in the national parks are trying to restrict their use.
10 Years max before they're banned from Bridleways?
As much as they don't do it for me, i don't feel that it's a fair thing if they're banned. They're eco friendly, quiet and i don't see an issue with them.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i bought one a few months ago only used it once, its a cube super light, the guy i bought it off paid £6500+ spare battery maybe more integrated dropper fox Kashmir (or what ever they called) and he paid £800 or £600 for the spare battery then he put 4 pots down hill brakes on it, and bought new smaller clocks (i have the original clocks) more money than sense, went to his house it was up for £2500 i asked what he was selling, ohh i am buying the 2019 model, i say whats new on the 2019, he said integrated battery 600 watt i said well you have two 500 watt battery's now? he was like i fancy i change 7200 madness, i said i got cash, he said give me 2k for it so i bought it
Want to sell it mate ?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Bought mine in March last year, and after a 17 year break from mountain biking, it's been a revelation. Bike is a 2018 Haibike FullSeven 7.0. Thinking about taking it down to Glentress in a few weeks...

81 - 100 of 158 Posts