KTM Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
i should use it, bike park wales is 5 minutes by car and afan argoed is 30 minutes and cwmcarn, im kinda in the middle, afan is my favorite , plenty of other mountains to ride

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i should use it, bike park wales is 5 minutes by car and afan argoed is 30 minutes and cwmcarn, im kinda in the middle, afan is my favorite , plenty of other mountains to ride
If you want a day out, there's 18 of us going to BPW on the 21st Feb for the day from Performance Bikes magazine forum. Various ages, various skill levels etc

This is my lad who i am taking for his 5th visit

[video=youtube;K5wMAxo-b5o]

[video=youtube;z4E6uusVQwo]

[video=youtube;i46pP_vWpII]

[video=youtube;HgJztaZU3Wc]

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
depends on if i am here, will let you know closer to date, i used to do 80 miles a week but 3 stone heavier, apart from riding the electric once not rode for a year

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
No worries mate, we'll be there anyway if you can make it

I'll be trying to match the 11 year old.
Excited boy !

[video=youtube;HGZVF_H19rk]

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
We have a couple here on Madeira 3 years and counting.
Madeira is incredibly hilly, and the E-Bikes make it sensible - you need to be one hell of a fit rider to do these hills.

There are about 8 of us now with these bikes - none of us are serious fitness freaks or serious MTB nuts, but we do go almost everywhere on them.
They are too heavy for serious MTB work though - but the extra weight does mean for fabulous stability at speed!!!

·
Registered
15,197 Posts
how the fuck do you pronounce cwmcarn? What happened to vowels? Too English?

·
Registered
15,197 Posts
I want one too. Ive been riding my bikes a lot lately, love to add one of these to the mix. Like a light dirt bike.

·
Registered
105 Posts
forget E-MTBs I've bought one of these , and its brilliant its a Sur Ron
Is that the 'X'? I rode a standard one last year and hated the front forks and it felt quite small to ride (I'm 5'9"). Is yours any larger than last year's bike?

Definately the future of off-roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
no mate ,I've actually bought the on road version which required taxing and insurance and obviously a license but im 6ft and I know what you mean about smallish, I reckon risers will help , but for my off road ability and dare I say it , age its great

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought one Christmas eve, cube 140, honestly its the best toy I own. I was going to buy an endure bike for some off road fun but decided I could do without more vehicle expense and the fact there's hardly anywhere legal to use the things where I live.
I thought I new my local area from years ago when I rode a regular mtb, I soon realised I don't. I have discovered so many trails and woods I never new existed simply because these bikes can get you there. Some of climbs I've done are ridiculous and actually make you laugh at what you have just climbed on a push bike o_O
I have a local route I ride of an evening for fitness, its only 8 miles round trip but I ride it 80% motor off and 20% in eco, I have lost a stone since Christmas and am fitter than I have been for years. If I wont to have fun just crank up the power modes and have a laugh.
I genuinely believe my road bikes ( motorbikes) will get little use this year because any spare time will be on the emtb,

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I bought one Christmas eve, cube 140, honestly its the best toy I own. I was going to buy an endure bike for some off road fun but decided I could do without more vehicle expense and the fact there's hardly anywhere legal to use the things where I live.
I thought I new my local area from years ago when I rode a regular mtb, I soon realised I don't. I have discovered so many trails and woods I never new existed simply because these bikes can get you there. Some of climbs I've done are ridiculous and actually make you laugh at what you have just climbed on a push bike o_O
I have a local route I ride of an evening for fitness, its only 8 miles round trip but I ride it 80% motor off and 20% in eco, I have lost a stone since Christmas and am fitter than I have been for years. If I wont to have fun just crank up the power modes and have a laugh.
I genuinely believe my road bikes ( motorbikes) will get little use this year because any spare time will be on the emtb,

I still don't do the Ebike version, despite having one in the garage.

But i totally get where you are with the above.

This is Mrs Weeksys.
2019-12-06_06-09-56 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

101 - 120 of 158 Posts