KTM Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
no mate ,I've actually bought the on road version which required taxing and insurance and obviously a license but im 6ft and I know what you mean about smallish, I reckon risers will help , but for my off road ability and dare I say it , age its great
Bought the on road version. £380 insurance! Eeek! Thought it would be more like £100. Wrong. Only two companies will quote so imagine it will reduce with time as more decide to insure them... Hopefully.

Only had it two weeks but I've had an absolute blast. I know the joy killers will turn up shortly so I'd better be quick, say what I think, and run.

I think there'll be very few people (who have any joy in their life) that could possibly object to people riding trails on one of these. I've met quite a few people when I've done my daily hour of exercise and they've all wanted to know what it is. Zero miseries.

If you like trials type riding but can't go anywhere because, you just can't, then you might consider a Sur-ron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
:rolleyes: Great! another B road blocker in tight fitting lycra, rearlly not a good look even if you are waddley biggins build,(n) takes miles to get past because he thinks he owns the road, then as you pass he puffs covid 19 in through your open window,:mad: (need a proper engine mate) only to come up to traffic lights and the twat comes past on the pavement:( so you then have to go through the process again. Traffic laws only apply one way.:rolleyes:

As for trails more dangerous than a motorbike because the ramblers can not hear you coming (TT zero riders say birds just sit in the middle of the road) so don't have time to dive out of the way,:D besides do them things have brakes remember the brakes on my old bmx were next to useless.:(
You could buy a proper motorbike for what you are paying for them things, Google "inturnal combustion engine" it could catch on!

"I know the joy killers will turn up shortly so I'd better be quick, say what I think, and run." :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Sorry but I could not resist;)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
them bars standard ? look quite a high rise to me ?

it's a MTB, it's supposed to have chips, marks, wear :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
them bars standard ? look quite a high rise to me ?
They do look to have a substantial sweep ?
Still cant keep off mine, I have noticed over the last month more and more emtb bikes all over the trails. Even my missis has been out on hers twice :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Bought the on road version. £380 insurance! Eeek! Thought it would be more like £100. Wrong. Only two companies will quote so imagine it will reduce with time as more decide to insure them... Hopefully.

Only had it two weeks but I've had an absolute blast. I know the joy killers will turn up shortly so I'd better be quick, say what I think, and run.

I think there'll be very few people (who have any joy in their life) that could possibly object to people riding trails on one of these. I've met quite a few people when I've done my daily hour of exercise and they've all wanted to know what it is. Zero miseries.

If you like trials type riding but can't go anywhere because, you just can't, then you might consider a Sur-ron.

how much insurance ??? mine was £150 , with MCN insurance of all people
. and yes im still enjoying the bike especially atm :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
how much insurance ??? mine was £150 , with MCN insurance of all people
. and yes im still enjoying the bike especially atm :)
Whaaaat! For the road legal version?

I went for an evening ride the other day. Near Birdlip I joined a road just as a black police X5 turned up. They stopped to let me out. So I pulled out and just pulled over straight away. I knew they would stop me anyway. Took helmet off straight away and said hi. Guy said what's that? Is that the plate that comes with the bike? So I told him all about Sur-ron bla bla. Insured and road legal apart from smaller plate, same as the ones we fit to KTM's because the big ones snap off. He checked it was insured etc. We chatted a bit about where they were from and the state of the world. They were completely cool. Happy days.

Edit: I’ve modded it quite a bit already. Riser bars and just finished Fox 40 forks install - eBay special. They look great and will work even better. But what a pain to fit!! One of those ‘wish there was a Youtube install clip’ moments. The stock forks are okay...ish, but they twist up so badly! My dodgy elbow knew about it after nearly 3 hours of off-road on the stockers. I’m expecting great things from the Fox ones for the price.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
yes the road version ,I got a ticking off straight away about the small plate by the local Feds so I've had to put the rear mud guard on and fit a normal fish plate on it , which risers did you go for and what was the rise ??

·
Registered
105 Posts
yes the road version ,I got a ticking off straight away about the small plate by the local Feds so I've had to put the rear mud guard on and fit a normal fish plate on it , which risers did you go for and what was the rise ??
Trials bike bars. Renthal. Much more comfortable as the bikes are a bit small for Euro adults really. Surprised you got stopped by the police for the number plate. Nearly every KTM enduro bike I know has a tiny plate. They stopped to chat because it looked odd, thats all. To be fair to them, I would probably stop and chat to someone riding one if were them. Check insurance and legality etc. Fair enough.

You have to get some spacers made as stock bar is 31.8mm(?) and trials bars are 28.5mm(?) so got some shims made to suit. Was annoying as their website says 31.8mm dia but easier to make shims than take it back.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Mrs Weeksy is getting about 35-40 out of her Liv Embolden E+ but she doesn't ride like i expect you lot do, hers is in low power mode just to give her a bit 'more' so she can ride some sections with me. Whereas most Ebike riders just use them like MiniMotoX bikes and want flat out power all the time :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Spot on Weeksy, mine has ECO+ which is like trying to start a Puch Maxi, ECO the Maxi starts to fire, NORMAL which is ok until you come to big hills and then HIGH.
If I go for a ride with the misses it is normally around 2.5 to 3 hours and some road and some gentle trails and she still has 50% left at the end where as mine has less than 10% after hauling my fat arse around. Now mine is dereistricted I think it uses more power even below 15 mph.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What's your average miles from a charge?
That's the main issue with ebikes.
Ample, 625wh bosch gen 4. I do local rides of an evening just small rides ranging from 10 to 15 miles, I get several rides without a charge, I guess 50 miles with 20% left.

The furthest I've ridden in one go is 42 miles, road work and dirt tracks where the sat nav can find them. Not a big ride on an emtb but always aware every mile away from home means a boring ride back mainly along the same roads you peddled along to get there.

That particular route left me with 32% batt. For my use I honestly wouldn't need a bigger battery but I guess its all down to age/fitness and how much effort is put in.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Must be anew bike with 630w and gen 4 motor.
Mines 2yrs old shimano e8000 with 504w and now I'm running semi slick on the rear it'll do a lot more than before, although I haven't been to local forest yet where I'd previously get around 25mls.
It's de-restricted but the powers turned down to sensible / usable levels.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts