KTM Owners Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
i was lucky enough to buy one with a spare battery i can throw it in my rucksack and get 100 miles, but i think in eco mode which is what i run most of the time im sure i should get 60 miles maybe more, drops a lot faster if i am riding the mountains

·
Registered
105 Posts
i was lucky enough to buy one with a spare battery i can throw it in my rucksack and get 100 miles, but i think in eco mode which is what i run most of the time im sure i should get 60 miles maybe more, drops a lot faster if i am riding the mountains
Don’t want to be a doom merchant but be careful with that one!

I know a guy who fell off his moped years ago. he had a metal flask in his rucksack and landed on it, broke his back sadly.

Be careful out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Don’t want to be a doom merchant but be careful with that one!

I know a guy who fell off his moped years ago. he had a metal flask in his rucksack and landed on it, broke his back sadly.

Be careful out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no i agree and i ride like a cunt which dont help, wobbling all over the place in lycra 17 stone cunt

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do an average of 2,500 miles per year on my MTB, generally get out 4 times per week.
It helps that we live in the Peak District National Park and there are dozens of rides right on my doorstep.
My wife had an Ebike but it was a hard tail and l found it wasn’t ideal for serious off road use because it bounced about all over the place, probably due to the speed l was going!

That bike has been sold, but l would love a full suspension Ebike, it would open up a load of new trails that l can’t currently get to in the time that l have.

Sadly the £4,000 price makes them out of reach certainly at this time. Maybe next year!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I do an average of 2,500 miles per year on my MTB, generally get out 4 times per week.
It helps that we live in the Peak District National Park and there are dozens of rides right on my doorstep.
My wife had an Ebike but it was a hard tail and l found it wasn’t ideal for serious off road use because it bounced about all over the place, probably due to the speed l was going!

That bike has been sold, but l would love a full suspension Ebike, it would open up a load of new trails that l can’t currently get to in the time that l have.

Sadly the £4,000 price makes them out of reach certainly at this time. Maybe next year!
go second hand i paid 2k for my giant SL with a spare battery , i cant believe the stuff you can get up on them, they are lots of fun

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely worth a thought. But l am self employed and being limited have received no govt help through this current crisis.
So it will be a while before l have any money for “toys” !
My friend who is in a similar trade is a sole trader (not limited) and has a small office that costs him £30 per week.
He’s so far had over £17,000 from the govt
And he’s still able to work. He’s well made up, he’s bought a Porsche !!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Definitely worth a thought. But l am self employed and being limited have received no govt help through this current crisis.
So it will be a while before l have any money for “toys” !
My friend who is in a similar trade is a sole trader (not limited) and has a small office that costs him £30 per week.
He’s so far had over £17,000 from the govt
And he’s still able to work. He’s well made up, he’s bought a Porsche !!
I am the same, had a friend get 20k for his business, 10k for building and 10k for a storage container, I rent out a dog groomers can't claim a penny not had rent for two months as Tennant isn't working, applied for grant, nothing, spoke to grant officer he said under the government grants there will be winners and losers, earned around £300 in two months lucky I have savings and no morguage otherwise I would be fucked had money from HMRC yesterday £707 because my business I have just started and the first year I. Made a loss and only been going 3 years

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's a piss take, you should tell your mate to give it back and stop being a greedy cunt. We will all be paying shit loads of tax now after this covid crap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In all honesty, if the govt offered you £10,000, can you say that you would refuse it?
I will stand up and say am not sure l could be that upstanding, even though l realise the money has to come from somewhere.
But my sister has refused the £10,000 grant bless her, as she says she “doesn’t need it”
She’s better than me. And better off than me by the looks of it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If I didn't need it and I was still able to work and get paid as normal I would refuse it. I'm self employed but I don't have a premises and I assume that's what's needed? I haven't looked in to it as I currently do not need it. In saying that I'm not flush ( actually skint but getting by).

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are a sole trader based at home (no business premises and not limited) you can claim 80% of your profits for three months (March, April, May) up to a maximum of £2,500 per month
You have to have been in business more than 18 months, and have accounts for 2018-19
It’s not means tested, and you can carry on working if you want.
However
If your profits are over £50,000 you’re excluded.
And if you are a Director of your own limited company you get nothing.
Well, you can “furlough” yourself but you are then not allowed to work at all in your business, and it’s only around £600 per month.

lf you’ve got business premises or rent an office etc then the govt will biff £10,000 into your account unless you refuse.
Anybody eligible for the £10k should have had a letter. It’s not automatic though, you do have to apply for it, although it’s very easy.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
what you don't realise is work for some self employed people , ie plumbers , sparks etc is going to dry up especially in areas like here , ie Barmouth because of the lack of tourism , so there will be no money for people to get work done, so they won't bother ,so if I was in that situation i'd take every penny I could

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep, winners and losers. He’s one of the winners.
Like l said, offer someone £20,000 and l bet 99% will accept it.
I am not saying l think it’s right, just that most people won’t turn it down.

My friend has had £17,000 in govt handouts and he’s still trading, busy as ever, doing domestic heating repairs

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good thought, but it’s unlikely !
I bet corporation tax will go up, even though limited companies weren’t helped unless they had business premises.
And l imagine income tax will also rise, new businesses will have to pay more tax even though they couldn’t claim anything.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
them bars standard ? look quite a high rise to me ?
Nope. The bike comes with a 15mm rise. I wondered why I did not feel as comfortable on it as on the one I test rode. Then I found out the more expensive one I rode first comes with 30mm rise. 6 of the 7 mates in our group have this bike and one of them tried 6 different bars of which he gave me 5 for testing. Different rise, different back and up sweep. I tested them all, felt the 35mm rise was best but too short (only 680mm wide). Bought a 40mm rise with 8° back sweep. Its night and day difference.

The bike is defo a climber due to its geometry with probably the longest chain stays. But lifting the front wheel was a pita and I am talking about going uphill over some rocks requiring to lift the front or at least make it lighter. That works way better with the high rise and I feel much more comfortable. I can now much easier lift the front over roots and rocks when climbing and the pain in my neck is gone. The saddle is still higher than the head stock. One of the guys in our group runs a 50mm rise. And he is the tallest and fastest.

Shop owner said there are rules of thumb but they are just rules of thumb and not laws. The technician set up my bike for my weight and sag and everything was fine but it didnt feel as expected. I reduced the air pressure by 10psi, the sag was 10mm out of spec. I then played with rebound and damping and now its the best front end I have tried so far and I use almost the full travel of the forks. Before I always had about 50mm left. I don't jump, I hop though. I can't ride manuals with this bike but I can do them with the Specialized Levo. Not very long ones but it shows how the front end is glued to the ground on my bike.

had some serious pedal strikes already but that happens when an old bastard tries to keep up with people half his age :)

141 - 158 of 158 Posts