KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DONT KNOW HOW TRUE IT IS BUT.........................

Only accountants could come up with this one
Pay your fine, but, NO POINTS DEDUCTED, !!
Read on :-

This is how the points get added to your license:

If you get a fixed penalty notice through the post which also carries
Penalty points the computer system first sends you a demand for the cash.

When you have paid, it then sends a demand to return your license for
Endorsement.

It cannot handle the license endorsement and the payment at the same
Time, and it cannot process the points part of the system until the
Financial section is complete.

If you overpay the fixed penalty, it must issue and send a refund cheque
For the overpayment.

Therefore, overpay the fixed penalty by sending a cheque for the full
Amount plus �1.00

The computer will then automatically generate a refund cheque for the
Over-payment and send it to you.

**** Do not cash this refund cheque - DUMP IT.

The system then remains 'open' and cannot generate the 'send your license
For endorsement' demand part of the program.

It does, however, record your payment of the fixed penalty, so it does
Not trigger the 'follow-up unpaid fine' stage.

As there is no human intervention, the system will leave you alone, since
It has got your money, which is the primary objective!

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Yep, I heard that quite a few years ago, like you said not too sure how true it is.
Don't you have to send your licence off, if so you would be able to get it back as they are unable to proccess the endorsment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wish I knew about this a few years back. I now have 8 points (as I lost 3 yesterday).
Nice tip though, I'm always looking for ways to get one up on 'The Man'.

On the same note, Let me add something that may also help in these circumstances!

When you get pulled for motoring offences, they caution you with "You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention now something you later rely on in court, Anything you do say may be given in evidence"

You can then reply with: " I do not recognise the significance of those words and I would like to exercise my legal right to refer to PACE – The Police and Criminal Evidence Act.”

That phrase means that they'll have to hand you a copy of PACE, which is a very thick and complex document. Then you can sit in the back of the patrol car and read it for as long as you like, and they can’t continue until you've finished.

Not many patrol cars actually carry a copy of PACE so the first thing they'll probably have to do is radio to the station and ask someone to bring them a copy!

So just sit there, reading throught the PACE hoping a more important call comes up that they have to attend.

(Yes some of this is copy/pasted)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Wish I knew about this a few years back. I now have 8 points (as I lost 3 yesterday).
Nice tip though, I'm always looking for ways to get one up on 'The Man'.

On the same note, Let me add something that may also help in these circumstances!

When you get pulled for motoring offences, they caution you with "You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention now something you later rely on in court, Anything you do say may be given in evidence"

You can then reply with: " I do not recognise the significance of those words and I would like to exercise my legal right to refer to PACE – The Police and Criminal Evidence Act.”

That phrase means that they'll have to hand you a copy of PACE, which is a very thick and complex document. Then you can sit in the back of the patrol car and read it for as long as you like, and they can’t continue until you've finished.

Not many patrol cars actually carry a copy of PACE so the first thing they'll probably have to do is radio to the station and ask someone to bring them a copy!

So just sit there, reading throught the PACE hoping a more important call comes up that they have to attend.

(Yes some of this is copy/pasted)

Is that Pace thing somthing similar to Parlea in "Pirates of the Carribean"?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I got pulled by an unmarked in Feb 2008 on the M77,Newton Mearns on ramp...flashed by camera at 02.00hrs at Garstang on the M6&a van clocking me on a bridge in Dumfries&Galloway Oct 2007....which means i would be at 9 points...

Actually `nuls points` as the French would say...as i was away working out the country/for the country...i never paid...any of them.

Up here some auld grannie in the District court phones up 7-8 mth later and says...`any chance-please` you may want to come and pay this sir...to which i always added i was just about to board at my gate for a sabbatical to Peru...never heard back...oh dear-how sad-never mind!!!:rotflmao:

This country is rotten to the core on ticketing/fines pish...

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I got pulled by an unmarked in Feb 2008 on the M77,Newton Mearns on ramp...flashed by camera at 02.00hrs at Garstang on the M6&a van clocking me on a bridge in Dumfries&Galloway Oct 2007....which means i would be at 9 points...

Actually `nuls points` as the French would say...as i was away working out the country/for the country...i never paid...any of them.

Up here some auld grannie in the District court phones up 7-8 mth later and says...`any chance-please` you may want to come and pay this sir...to which i always added i was just about to board at my gate for a sabbatical to Peru...never heard back...oh dear-how sad-never mind!!!:rotflmao:

This country is rotten to the core on ticketing/fines pish...
Moral-just blow them out...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Unfortunatly sometimes blowing them out will result in a warrant for your arrest and prehaps some jail time, mabey only a week or so but when bubba asks you what you in for and you reply in your hardest voice speeding, your his bitch for the duration of your stay, I would rather take the 60 pound and 3 points

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Unfortunatly sometimes blowing them out will result in a warrant for your arrest and prehaps some jail time, mabey only a week or so but when bubba asks you what you in for and you reply in your hardest voice speeding, your his bitch for the duration of your stay, I would rather take the 60 pound and 3 points
You need to be there for the warrant to be exercised and for 3 points and 60 squids it aint plod that does it it is the civvys running the clerk of the court.Thats who brings the coin in...you`ll only get plod taking you in for dangerous/DD...not on a conditional offer fella.

Anyhow it can be done.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I tried the ''deploying to afgan'' (which I was) to get out of doing 1 mph over the limit, the judge was happy for a 60 pound fine, the clerk of the court said NO!!!!! give him 3 points and a 90 pound fine for being larey.... Bitch

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I tried the ''deploying to afgan'' (which I was) to get out of doing 1 mph over the limit, the judge was happy for a 60 pound fine, the clerk of the court said NO!!!!! give him 3 points and a 90 pound fine for being larey.... Bitch
Mate i got stopped driving from Manchester where the Tristar had to go cos Brize was shut due to fog and the fuckers stopped me 4 hours later in the Hertz car...you know what they said considering i had a big beard,big hair and told i them i was on ops with a swept up outfit....`we dont give a fuck`:wanker: and neither did i...:smokin:

Anyhow as has been said just dont get caught or be a knob...

Laters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts