KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys when i bought my bike 2 weeks ago it came with mooses already fitted, just wondering how i check if they are ok to re-use as i am about to fit a new tyre on the back cheers, jamie

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
If the tyre doesn't feel 'flat' then it is good to go. I tend to just ride until i can feel the front rim being smacked by the rocky terrain since the rim on the exc is dented anyways.
If you just ride boggy terrain,then a well worn mousse will work better.
Remember that what is OK for a slower rider aint OK for a faster rider.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
What BLUE(UK) says, If the tyre feels way too soft with the mousse fitted it's time to change it

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
take tyre off. Look at mousse. If its looks knackered - it is!
If there are no big chunks missing and it not falling apart its ok. However if a front one gets too soft from use it can knock through onto the rim if you hit rocks. Time to change and keep that one for muddy race.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
mousse

Hi guys when i bought my bike 2 weeks ago it came with mooses already fitted, just wondering how i check if they are ok to re-use as i am about to fit a new tyre on the back cheers, jamie
When its all crumbly n dry n large holes in it, even then you can wrap them with old inner tubes n tape and sling them back in, mousse lube is what you need a lot of, this stops/slows down the ware between mousse and inside tyre.have fun fitting it back on;)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I am getting two rear tyres to a moose. The tyre can slip on the rim if the moose is shot but what they said otherwise.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I am getting two rear tyres to a moose. The tyre can slip on the rim if the moose is shot but what they said otherwise.
you need more lube use pirelle mousse lube its the best i am on my 6th tyre . tyre should not slip unless you aint got a clamp fitted

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Fit a clamp,even though not recommended,just fit one.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
you need more lube use pirelle mousse lube its the best i am on my 6th tyre . tyre should not slip unless you aint got a clamp fitted
Blimey,six tyres,I do quite a lot of road miles-France and wales this year green laning-so I was not expecting too much life out of a moose,small price to pay for no bloody punctures.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
If i remember rightly,i got over 3k miles out of mine and they were still usable although i had dented the front rim a few times. I did ride a lot so they were about 2yrs old and ridden as fast as i dared(flat out on a 450exc) and monster wheelies standing up through to 5th gear etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts