KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Today was my first blast out on the 950SM. I tagged along with Terry950SM and Chris (sorry dont know your ID mate). All sporting the 950's of course and the weather held out perfectly. The route was great and should be enough of a reason for Terry not to sell up. Sadly Ell Tell could not make it due to 'wedding commitments' but i think he has had his orders not to get scuffed up before the big day! Good luck for next week BTW Tell.

Ok, now for the geekyness.

Here is a map of the route; (we had a brew in Haws and i forgot to switch it back on to Devils bridge)

http://api.motionxlive.com/motionx-remote/api/gps/host/0fe75657-f4b5-4c16-bf6d-6af65a5d5cf5 - Google Maps

Distance: 135 miles
Elapsed Time: 2:59:10
Avg Speed: 45.3 mph
Max Speed: 70 mph (Yes 70 Mr officer)
Avg Pace: 01' 19" per mile
Min Altitude: 0 ft
Max Altitude: 1,366 ft
Start Time: 2010-08-22T09:08:48Z
Start Location:
Latitude: 53.715336º N
Longitude: 2.563012º W
End Location:
Latitude: 53.625740º N
Longitude: 2.556501º W

Attached is the google earth thing. (when i figure it out)

/Jon

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The roads were tighter than a nuns chuff!

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Is that you house you start and finish from?
Will there be anyone in tomorrow afternoon?
Do you have much security?
Will a pair of bolt croppers be enough or do we need to put the battery powered angle grinder in the white Transit?

;) :eek:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup my address is;

Jon
East bound M63 J3
Accrington

Lots of people will be passing by but the bike will be left hanging upside down from the carriageway so nobody can see it.

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
I thought you had gone a bit OTT on the hard landscaping of your front garden ;)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need alot of space to swing my spanner

·
Registered
849 Posts
I spotted you lot today coming the opostite way on the A59. I was out for a play over the trough of Bowland

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We spotted quite a few over the day. I must of missed you trying to keep up with Terry. I definatly saw an SD somewhere in Yorkshire and another 950 at devils bridge.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Cunts.............

Missed out there. Glad you enjoyed it Jon, sorry I couldnt make it.

Probably not going to get to ride it for a month or so. Im leaving it with my brother while im away so he can read to it before bed.

And yes im under the thumb..............

·
Registered
82 Posts
Was a good day out, thought we would catch the rain but it held off. Did see you Paul but bit quick to chat ! There's a couple of corner to catch you out and a friggin massive jump( well to me, never done off road/jumps) and at 70+ both wheels off and caught unaware, FUN.

Nice to meet up with Terry and Jon will be again before the weather gets really crap, just need a new rear now its fooked.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts