KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick first post. I'm looking for a new HT coil for an 04 450 EXC. The original is an IG3860 but I can only find an IG5128 anyone know if the original part has been superceded?
TIA Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the part number is the same for both parts. Its just that the type fitted has the code Ig3860 and the only available one has the code ig5128. Panic over now though as ive had a reply from a ktm dealer to say that the ig5128 is the correct one for my bike. Not sure if my bike has had a different coil fitted or whether the code has been changed over the years. Same part number though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No there will not be two parts with the same no. If the part was changed/superseded the number would have changed as well, I suspect your bike may have been fitted with the wrong coil. Anyway you've got the right part coming, so all good. 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, im starting to wonder if its had a few bits swapped over. Im new to ktm's so not really up on the parts/years/models. The frame and engine numbers seem legit. The carb had me wondering though as according to the haynes manual the 04 has a fcr mx 39 but mine has an fcr mx 3900a which, again according to haynes, is from the 2005 450exc but im not sure with haynes being american etc whether its exactly right with European models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts