KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guy im wondering is there anybody on here live HULL area that works on KTM's ive been riding bikes since i was 14 (now 43) but in all that time apart from basics i dont know alot about working on them and was hopeing there was someone local to me that would be interested in doing some work on my 950sm paid of course.

Drop me a pm if you interested.

Im not a bike fan of using large dealers i prefer small independants but guy who works on my other bikes not a fan of KTM's lol

Cheers guys

Keep the rubber on the road not ur ass lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply m8 im fitting a pair of Akra,s and want it remapped i also want the restrictor taking off.

Let me know

Cheers

·
Registered
545 Posts
oh that odd i was told id have to have it done if i fitted new cans dont i have to do anything ?
Remapping is done to fuel injected vehicles, it's all electronics.
With your bike running on carbs, you will need it re-jetting. Having it set up and jetted by someone with a dyno who knows what their doing ensures you get the most out of it and that it's not running rich, sooting up and wasting fuel, or running lean and causing excessive heat and damage to the pistons. Ask Mr.Tattoo on here about it if you want to know more, or search for a local dyno centre. I've had bikes where after adding performance end cans it's been fine (FZS600's) but others where a full system or even a can alone has required jetting up. Always get it checked.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Cheers for the reply m8 im fitting a pair of Akra,s and want it remapped i also want the restrictor taking off.

Let me know

Cheers
hi hes dioes not have a dyno sounds like you need it to do it right their ia another lad has a unit near ice arena he has one i will try to find his number for you he looks after a few race bikes as far as i no.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts