KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike sounds like it's idle is about 800rpm, and keeps stalling, can you turn the idle up? What's the procedure?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Got my idle screw off Smokn but there on the bay . Not easy to remove old screw you need to apply alot of heat and even then it's difficult. Get the best fit you can on the hex head as it will require some force to get it moving. You really don't want to round it off . As long as its hot enough it will move just take your time. Works a treat on my boys TPI .
Bob

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yer I did it just made the bike even leaner. Some people get away with the air screw and some don't . I didn't so had to fit the idle adjuster screw . That sorted it !

·
Registered
288 Posts
You know what I had the hex bit but the Allen key ended up fitting better. When I got it out and had a closer look at it it was a piss poor cheap hex screw head . Cost cutting ! China shit . As I said before take your time and heat it up well.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Seem to remember someone on here having the low idle problem on a TPI then it turned out the engine was tightening up (seizing) if anything the engine should loosen up over time, does it feel ok on the kickstart? might be worth pulling the exhaust off and having a look at the piston, catching a problem now could be much cheaper than the damage caused if it locks up at full bore.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Lee,I had the pipe off 3 hours ago, looking good and bore looks spot in, it has 92 hrs, but pretty much done it from new, but not all the time if you know what I mean, I'll have another look to make sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts