KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mate has got a deposit down on one will be interesting to see what it offers over the 890 other than looks...shame they are not offering it with a 19" front option..204kg dry so a bit of a porker... hopefully it will show up soon and I'll get to have a blat on it...

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Have you seen the 3/4 rear view yet?
There's a reason there's not many pictures about from that view, saw one on FB earlier and it looks proper bulky and fat.

·
Registered
20,267 Posts
So it's heavier, uglier, smaller fuel tank, inferior suspension and same money. Suspension is everything, Looks a winner.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Less of a bike than the 890 but the same money , disappointed is a understatement, I'm sure they will sell a few though

·
Registered
859 Posts
I liked the look of it initially, but the more you find out about it, the more pointless it seems to be.

I suspect they will end up selling them off for less than the equivalent KTM.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Instead of offering a warmed-over version of a bike that wasn't very good in its first form, why not a 690/701 with a fairing and slightly less suspension...the kind of bike that loads of people seem to have spent loads of money creating themselves?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Saw this last Friday at the bike show, not nice in the flesh, especially from the back.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Saw this last Friday at the bike show, not nice in the flesh, especially from the back.
I was there on Friday too! Got to say, i wasnt that fussed to be honest (that includes the bike show too). I had a chat to the Husky guy there and he thought that they were too long in the pipeline but demand is expected to be strong... he didnt like my criticism of the Husky/KTM scam of charging an arm and a leg for software unlocks of functionality that you have already paid for in the price of the bike, for me that is a deal breaker.
I thought it looked a bit plasticky and naff to me anyhow.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
I was there on Friday too! Got to say, i wasnt that fussed to be honest (that includes the bike show too). I had a chat to the Husky guy there and he thought that they were too long in the pipeline but demand is expected to be strong... he didnt like my criticism of the Husky/KTM scam of charging an arm and a leg for software unlocks of functionality that you have already paid for in the price of the bike, for me that is a deal breaker.
I thought it looked a bit plasticky and naff to me anyhow.
That's outrageous, unless there is a massive discount for bikes that dont have the software/features. Fuck that.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well that's all gone tits up mate has been waiting impatiently for delivery to now be told gear4 are only getting four bikes and he's not one of them....worse than trying to get hold of a crf300

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yep they told me they were all gone a while back

1 - 18 of 18 Posts