KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gona buy a new 300 smoker,fancying link suspension for change
which one would you buy?
cheers

(yes I know Steve...)

Reactions: steveman

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
If I was in the market for one I’d go TX300i for a wee change, minus the hackit grey airbox. I like the headlight shroud, it’s retro Husky.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
Beta+1 but if you must waste cash then the gasser is far better value for the same bike. Gasser has ally subframe not the plastic jobbie, nicer feel between your knees and silver rims that don’t age as quick as black ones.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
If you like TPI get the new Gasser. KTM shot themselves right in the knee, the Gasser is the better Husky.

Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
what do you get on a full tank just trailriding mate?
Depends very much on what needle you use. NECJ will see you get a lot further than the stock 300 needle. On NOZJ (stock 250 rr needle) I have been getting around 60 miles to a tank but at more like racing type use, not trail riding. If you are fussy about drips and want to save more fuel on a beta, put a self tapper in the carb overflow pipe- if you do the loop over mod you end up with fuel pissing into the air box when the bikes upside down on the floor. As you lift it up, fuel sloshes out and straight onto the pipe. I’ve found it best to leave it as designed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I hate my linkage bikes, would much prefer PDS.......but I've mostly owned Huskies since KTM bought them!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You know what I think, I’ve had both and if you want a plodder get the husky, but if you want fun and responsive bike “GET THE GASGAS” 👍👍👍

Reactions: steveman

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've heard plenty about Husky sub-frame breakages, but so far I've had no issues and have bent many KTM alloy ones that don't go back straight....so it is still a positive for me to have the composite version. The other positive for the MY18 onwards is just the lack of sh*t and muck that get stuck around the subframe and in the airbox.......I have stripped plenty of ally subframes down / removed the plastics to clean properly, never unbolted the MY18 sub frame once. Not tired my MY20 out yet to see if it is as good in this area as the MY18 was.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts