KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:censored: :censored: :censored: Yeah did my first ever set of rear wheel bearings today.
Very proud of myself I was to!:D That is till I realised I'd left the friggin spacer out.....:wanker:

Oh the profanities!

Try again morro...:rotflmao:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
My morning was a bit like that.

I'd done a bit of work on the bike over the weekend - for some reason woke up in the middle of last night thinking feck, I didn't threadlock the stator bolts. So arranged to go in to work a bit late this morning - got set up up in the workshop (pavement outside my house), laid the bike on its side, whipped off the ignition cover then stator, did the Loctite thing. Job done and all back together in about 10 minutes flat, lovely sunny morning too, all very satisfactory ...

Was just about to pick the bike up and put away the tools when the bars slipped off the stand the bike was resting on and sheared the wires to the stoplight switch and the heated throttle grip. Oh how I larfed :dozey:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Could be worse. A 'friend' changed wheels for me at a trackday on a 99 R6.
Think I managed the first session ok. Second session it seemed a bit bumpy in corners on the first lap. Then it seemed a bit bumpy on the straight second lap!
No spacer and a rather over-tightened spindle/swingarm crushing the bearings while trying to hit 150+ on the revvit straight.

·
Registered
987 Posts
:rotflmao: you nutter :D what comes out MUST go back in mate ;) Hope you got a new tube with your bearing kit :eek: mine failed again after 5 months, its been said that the tube and wheel spacers should be changed at the same time if worn :confused: one mistake I wont be making again :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts