KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I felt compelled to write for no good reason than to be part of the very coolest community finally... with my now fellow KTMer’s!
When I say finally, i mean it’s been a long rough journey but finally after months of searching I now have my KTM 950r super enduro. I’m pleased and proud that my journey to the orange side is complete.
I just picked up KaTieM as I’ve named her and i swear I can nearly see Austria when on board. I’m 6.4 and i’m on tip toes which is too cool.
My first ride was bringing her home and with my aching arms trembling, I jotting this note of two memorable experiences on the way back to base.
1. Now the kind previous owner had lavished her with every conceivable KTM branded add on and when I pulled into the first service station.. a car driver pulled up too close for comfort to my new pride and joy and as he got out of his Range Rover he asked me if the bobbins on the wheels axles and engine were there to minimise damage if i dropped the bike. I said NO! They are there to stop your car from getting crushed if you knock the bike due to the close proximity of your parking you cretin. Needless to say he moved.
2. Service Station 3 and I pull into the parking area where there are a handful of brother and sister bikers. I could not believe my eyes when I saw a BMW HP2. Now it’s only my humble opinion but the HP2 looks like it fell out of the ugly tree head first, hit ever every ugly branch on the way down and finished up head first in the ugly bush. Where promptly the ugly pixie who lives in the bush beats it with his ugly stick and then sets it on fire and puts the fire out with a big old rusty chain. I parked next to the HP2 and KaTieM simply overshadowed the beamer to the riders dismay.

So that’s it...all i need to do know is find a tattoo artist who has no integrity and is will to emblazed the KTM logo on my arm as a tattoo and I will be KTM’s biggest brand advocate.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
W E L C O M E

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm awed by the warm welcome

You are all my best new shiny friends.

I like nutcases the nuttier the better. I'm as nutty as a fruit cake and Sharpe as a wet mouse.

I'm a bit of an Italian coffee aficionado myself have an espresso on me.

I'm an old fooker too… who by day drives a lexus, where’s a rollex and listens to jazz music. No point racing me...I choose to ride in second place to admire you cool ktm.

Thanks for the coaching moment on the jokes forum. When i've stopped dribbling over my new bike I'll have a read.

cheers fella's group hug

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Thats about how I felt when I got my first ktm, and big black/silver 950adv. The great thing is, that feeling does'nt really go away!
Enjoy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jue you are my fourth new friend. Hey Simmo thanks, it’s comforting to know my grin will be permanent.

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
Welcome in to the forum dude, mine's a breakfast pint of tequila... :D

Interesting part about the HP2 - can't say I'd ever really noticed it but now I'll have to have a look (old feckers bike aren't they?)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why King Karl, are actually a Queen? "JOKE" Hey I eat pussy like a thirsty cat drinks milk. I give everything important to me a name. My Lexus is called Larry and my wife is called aToy. The reason I called the POD KatieM was when I was test riding it, I stopped because my "hot blond slim" wife called my on Mobi (she wasn’t aware I was thinking of buying a bike let alone riding one) When I said I’d taken KTM up a farms track was riding it hard and it wasn’t just dirty but really filthy she was worried then when I said the farmer turned up and we rode KTM together she though “what a sick twot”. Women tremble and their husbands worry but that’s just me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome my friend. Ha ha i have a 950 smr and am only 5.4 ft so tip toes doesnt come into it for me :) top bike you will never look back (well only at the people you have just knacked) well done nice bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
restitution...I may well be a well groomed tactile fellow but that’s due to my career choice. Anyway, every day I ride the KTM I become more of a man and mad as a fish. Hi Moto retard, I’d previously rode a Honda Hornet and I looked like a diseased John Cleese, so it’s nice to find a bike that fits. Cheers

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Welcome to orangedom! Mines a Bundy n Coke, cheers.

And remember, if its not Orange, its a lemon. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have never had a bike that fits me ha ha unless i get a kids one the 950 i am 5 inch to short but i am brill at slow control now so i dont have to put my foot down. I look like a kid who has stole there dads bike ha ha but when im riding it doesnt bother me. I like it when people take the piss about my size it makes me grin more when i pass them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts