KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

New to the forum....

I recently bought the bike below, not that this was taken BEFORE i stripped it and cleaned after buying. I have been riding a Yamaha R1 for the last 5 years and i'm now addicted to the KTM !!

Does anyone have any advice about this model, i'm new to KTM etc and don;t know where to start.

Tips and tricks would be nice, what to look out form any common issues and the likes.

Thanks in advance.

Trebz

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh come on guys and gals, is that it....

'Make it do wheelies' !!!!!!!!!

What about best engine oil, common faults, suggested replacement components, best after market exhausts etc !!!

:)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
What about best engine oil
Motorex Power Synt 10w50 is a very good oil. Oil and filter changes after 1300/1500 miles

common faults
Wrong usage/ driver :D

suggested replacement components
hmmm.... nothing

best after market exhausts
I am not sure about duke II but I think the Akros are one of the best.

Generally check your coolant and your oil level often, tyre pressure as well but not that often, make sure that your tyres are good tho.
Is a very good bike and you gonna love it ;)

I forgot... welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be looking for some carbon Akropovic's, i'm not sure i can justify spending £700 or so on a new pair so i'll be looking for some 2nd hand ones.

Thanks for the pointers matey.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You are welcome!
New exhausts will help the bike a lot, I saw the difference on my bike but as you said I can't say if it's worth to spending that amount of money.
My twin exhausts with the headers cost me about 1050 quids and the cans had around 3000 miles on whilst the headers were brand new.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy! :D

As well as the other bits and pieces that others have posted up, I'd keep an eye on chain and sprockets. Big singles can make mince meat of them. Akras pop up on ebay quite often and it's also worth checking out the ebay.de as there seems to be more on there than the UK site some times. You just need to translate the search from German to English.

Hope you enjoy the bike and mines a pint of Peroni please :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
nice bike , good luck with it.
Get some nice akras on ebay, theres a set on ebay at the moment quite cheap for twin cans!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts