KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fear not Im not going to ask whats the best oil!!! But I am going to ask in an RFS engine the recomended oil is 10/50 full synth .. right. Now I know KTM uses this Motorex stuff so I guess its good stuff, but at my local dealers they are only selling 10/60. I asked Ams dealer about oil and they said the 10/60 is only for the new breed of 450s is it XC engines?? And ok to go in the RFS but should use the 10/50. On enquiring again at my local dealer, he said Bo**ocks the new oil is fine for my KTM... its the 10w number thats important dont worry about it. Not normally an oil worryier but do want to bung the right stuff in

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The 10w60 gives better protection at high temperatures. It is a slightly higher spec oil than the 10w50, will mix with it fine and is the same price. The 10w50 is still produced because it says to use it in the handbooks and some owners want to stick to what it says. When the RFS engine came out the 10w60 didn't exist.
The 690 and new 350 engines are recommended 10w60, so it will eventually be across the board.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I guess it should have been ok as they dont stock the 10/50 now at Mounters so I will be bunging it in the ol girl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts