KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only put 4000kms on me new SD and already have a couple of chips in the rear spring. Need a bigger bugger me thinks but I hare the look of the ones I've seen. Anyone got any suggestions? Cheers

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, ordered one. Also ordered one of those new R&G neoprene socks to cover the rear which too. Shame cos I like the look of the orange spring but she'll be well protected with that one!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Was gonna say the R&G cover, make sure you zip tie it really tight or it spins round and burns on the exhaust, dont ask how I know.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Any one wanting an inexpensive rear hugger then just buy a fender extender for a Honda VTX1800 and attach it to the original "shorty" rear hugger. Needs a little trimming but works a treat.

Stole the idea from the SM section:D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah works a treat, its only melted a tiny bit not noticible once corrected and zip tied in place.
Hey Superdan, Fitted me R&G shock protector, not quite as trick looking as the big orange spring but sure it'll do it's job and save me shock from getting battered. Gave the spring a good dousing with WD40 before fitting it. Hugger's next, when it arrives!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Hey Superdan, Fitted me R&G shock protector, not quite as trick looking as the big orange spring but sure it'll do it's job and save me shock from getting battered. Gave the spring a good dousing with WD40 before fitting it. Hugger's next, when it arrives!
Pics please :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,
I've been looking at huggers for the Super Duke and the Skidmarx one seems to definately be the best looking and offers the most protection. Just one question though as my bike is a 2010 and Skidmarx offers up to the year 2008, can I assume that KTM have made no changes to the swingarm since the bike was launched or is there slight changes that would inhibit me from fitting the 2005/ 08 skidmarx hugger to my bike?
Many thanks in advance for all replies.
Sosulli.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New hugger is on. Looks heaps better than the skidmarks one IMO. That along with the R&G shock protector should keep the crud off the rear. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went with one from Twinshack. Bit of a hassle getting it to fit but it's on now, looks good and does the job. The hugger along with the R&G shock protector should do the trick!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sweet looking bike Jim.
Hugger looks very nice too.
What make of crash mushrooms have you fitted, they seem to offer quite a bit of protection.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet looking bike Jim.
Hugger looks very nice too.
What make of crash mushrooms have you fitted, they seem to offer quite a bit of protection.
Cheers mate, crash knobs, axel sliders and tail tidy are all from Evotech. Awesome quality and good price too.
Just need a carbon front guard to match the hugger now!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was just looking at the Evotech stuff last night and I like their stuff as well.
Have their tail tidy and crash bungs on another bike of mine and I like the quality.
Cheers for all the replies Jim.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was wondering does anyone else have photos of how their skidmarx hugger looks as the photo on the skidmarx site doesn't give a great impression of the Super Duke one. Any other make huggers may be interesting to see also.
Cheers.

·
Registered
388 Posts
here's the full one after satin finish applied
That looks so much better than the standard gloss finish! Should have done the same with mine.

I've had a problem with my Skidmarx hugger - the hole for the small allen bolt fastener on the near side of the bike has cracked so that now the allen bolt doesn't hold the hugger down. I'm going to try a bodge with a washer, but if that doesn't work I guess it's new hugger time. Has anybody else had this problem?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts