KTM Owners Forum banner

Ideas for good rides East Midlands Please ?.................

821 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dogmatic 
#1 ·
hi,

does anyone know of any good road routes round the East Midlands, i have a route i use which takes you from Loughborough-melton sometimes to Grantham and back to notts which is OK.
i had a decent trip out to matlock today Loughborough Derby matlock back a different way, matlock, clay mills, notts loughborough. although the scenary was nice in places i would break my neck to do the roads again.
has anyone got any tried and tested routes that would take a couple of hours or so at a reasonable pace:wanker:
any help much appreciated.

#2 ·
I live in Loughborough - I know plenty of good routes depending on what your riding. I either take the VFR750 (stop laughing at the back) or the 525 EXC SM. One of my faves is Loughborough to Queniborough, then to the rollercoster B6047, turn right, crosss the A47 all the way to the A6, turn left to the B664 left here and enjoy (with a big fat grin all the way) to Uppingham. Several routes back from there. Bit of a fast route for a single, but great on the VFR (you'd be surprised).

Happy to let you tag along, when we next go out. What ya got?

#3 ·
thanks buddy, i think i have done the route you describe, more by accident than design. i appreciate the invite and i would love to take you up on it as i am also in Looogabrooga, however i would describe myself as a little bit of a novice- certainly in the more 'enthusiastic' road riding & i wouldnt want to hold you up. i am working on improving my riding and progress is being made.
i have a 07 SD and after initially thinking i was punching a bit above my weight i now belive the bike is just what i needed as it is great for inspiring confidence round the twistys and has settled down somewhat since the addition of Akras & Re-map.

#4 ·
If you ever fancy a ride, drop me a PM.
I went to work today 'the long way' up to barrow then a blast up to six hills, wymeswold, rempstone and back to loughborough !!!

There's a great little lane called long lane from six hills to wymeswold. It'd be mint on the SD...It's dead narrow and twisty as hell, plus blind, but it makes you feel like your doing an irish road race like the tandragee 100.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Cheers Guys...........

Cheers guys i will definately take you up on the offers, i have been on the LARF website and i was intending trying to get along to one of the meetings to say hello and grab a 'Lager Shandy' or two but wife kids work Bladdy bladdy Blah, never got round to it.:wanker:

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.