KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some advice please folks. I have a 2008 RC8, with Akro, re-mapped to suit, sls is still there, and recently gave it a new air filter. It starts fine and runs at idle about 16/1700, but once warm, anything over 50°C, the idle speed drops so low it causes it to stall. The guy i bought it from said he changed the throttle grip for some non linear thing, but unfortunately wasn't paying attention so cant remember exactly.
On some of the other threads people mention the 15 min reset. my other question is, will this kinda just reboot the map that is installed or reset it to factory?

·
Registered
301 Posts
After some advice please folks. I have a 2008 RC8, with Akro, re-mapped to suit, sls is still there, and recently gave it a new air filter. It starts fine and runs at idle about 16/1700, but once warm, anything over 50°C, the idle speed drops so low it causes it to stall. The guy i bought it from said he changed the throttle grip for some non linear thing, but unfortunately wasn't paying attention so cant remember exactly.
On some of the other threads people mention the 15 min reset. my other question is, will this kinda just reboot the map that is installed or reset it to factory?
when the bike is cold the idle speed is increased, acting like a choke. best bet first is to open it up in TuneECU and see what the Hot idle speed has been set to, if its at or below 1600 then try bumping it up to 17/1800

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I upped the idle a bit to 1900rpm, avoiding that cutoff killer in hard traffic jams

1 - 5 of 5 Posts