KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first post on here so I hope it's in the correct place..
Something appears to have happened to my ignition barrel (1050 adventure) it wont turn and key doesn't appear to be going all the way in..I've tried lubricant etc..My question is, is it just a case of ordering a new barrel and changing it over or will I have to hand it over to a ktm mechanic to programme the key etc..Many thanks

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I would say ask your local friendly dealer - if they were open.

I believe the Key is coded to the ignition so unless you plan to swap out the ECU then no changes should be needed to the key.

Have you tried blowing out the ignition with an airline? Could be a bit of crap has got down there, then attack with a solvent cleaner if that does not work - not much to lose at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have tried blowing it out and put cleaner in there..Going to see local ktm dealers this morning to see where to go from here..I'll happily try changing it myself as I love fettling, just need a bit of advice on it..

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Have you tried googling it, as when my key snapped off in my fuel tank, there was a superb thread on how to get it out using the barrel chambers holes etc.
I k ow you haven't got a piece of key in there, but maybe able to look see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Double L, o have googled it to death but cant see any vids on how to get the barrel out..Preparing myself for a good hammering off my local ktm dealer..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts