KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! Also greetings from Slovakia! (this forum easily said: rules the tech info :smokin:)

So I want to ask you for advice, i have 520 EXC 2002 and this happened: One day, i was going on low RPMs and when i hit the throttle ...engine wasnt igniting.
It was not starting, but when i put my hand on CDI it started, and it was going worse.

So this is died CDI, because measured resistances of stator are right.

So i am looking for cdi, but original ones are not avaliable, and i found this for sale: part number 59439031010.
Will it fit? ....i know that it have conector and dont fit frame, but what about advance timing???

Are CDI changeable (if i dont count mechanical fiting and cable conector issues) ?

·
Premium Member
31,489 Posts
Yes, but you need the cable which goes with the CDI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much. Dont you have foto or diagram how to wire a CDI conector plug? ...i will use old CDI conector to carb, triger´ and charge coils... I tried to search net, and there, nearly nothing.
...Also, i found, that this new CDI which i mentioned upper, is fited on engine which have other (smaller) bore, but same stroke--- is timing advance map in CDI same as at 520?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, i see.... price sucks... Dont you know a pinout of CDI i can make my own cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts