KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Hoping to do some longer journeys than my normal commute on the Sm. One thing that almost puts me off is the seat. Looking at ADVrider I see a lot of the guys in America go for custom made ones. So I wondered if I could get soemthing like that made up locally? I contacted Lee at Viking Viyls as he is local to me and I know his work is good. Here's a copy of our emails below. Doesn't sound too bad to me. So I might give it a go....

Hi Mate

I have a 06 KTM 950 Supermoto with the typical plank of a seat on. After seeing a lot of the American sites I notice a lot of them get their seats modified to be more comfortable. See this Rick Mayer example here, http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/garrysimmons/MyBikes/RickMayerSeat006.jpg

Is this something you could do? If so how much would it cost?

Many thanks

Dave

hi Dave
we have done work similar to this on ktm seats, it would be no problem to create this on your seat if you post the seat to us could you first sit on the machine in the position you would ride and mark the seat where your bum stops we will then know where to build the shape for you personally.
the overall cost would be £125. plus £15 p&p.
this can be paid via paypal or a cheque when you send the seat.
many thanks for your enquiry.

Lee Hutchings

Viking Vinyls
27a Heaver Trading Estate
Ash Road
Ash, Kent
TN15 7HJ
(Near Brands Hatch)
07977 874075

www.vikingvinyl.co.uk

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Doe's that go on the seat or down the backside of your trousers?

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
he does all my seats top bloke and good work. :smokin:

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
ive had worse :smokin:

·
Registered
417 Posts
monkey butt

weve had this before mmmmmmmmmmmmm! or was on the ccm forum any how just wear cycle shorts with the tenna lady pad up ya crack eases the the grapes a treat

·
Registered
332 Posts
Taipan ,Dont know if its any good to you but have you noticed the 950 sm Gel seat in the for sale bit?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts