KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ironic really that after buying my new to me 2019 SAS, I spent the first few months looking for and fitting heated seats. But I went out for a 100 mile run in this warm weather and thought the bloody things had turned on, so much so that I stopped and unplugged them - the bike had gone nuclear - the seating position and my legs were so hot I could barely stay sitting!!!! 馃サ

Registered
Several things can help.

On my 1190 I really started to notice it when I rode in bike jeans rather than leathers or textiles.
You can fit an insulated rear header if yours doesn't already have one.
Removing the catalytic converter can help.

And finally the most useful thing is to fit heat shield.
There is a small one available from KTM or larger aftermarket ones.

Here's mine, which is a copy of the Wings one (I found it on ebay).

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Registered
The KTM heat deflector kit does help and isn't expensive, but I thought later models had it as standard. My 2015 1190Adv didn't have it but it was under a tenner and comprised of 2 side deflectors and a shroud for the fan.
I didn't notice any difference after the cat was removed, but never tried changing the rear header - the deflector kit worked well enough for me.

Have you looked at the Cool Covers? Not sure if you can get one for the 1290, but I've got one on my 790 Duke and there's definitely something in it 馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
馃憤 Thanks TrouserSnake - I am picking up a set of heat deflector side panels this weekend. It will be interesting to se how they do - genuine KTM ones made of carbon fibre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts