KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, everything is ready to roll with the 560, i've been given a reasonable quote by MCE, but wondering if it's worth going fully comprehensive on a bike that if i did drop it, i'm likely to just repair it myself, and where the excess is £500... has anyone here claimed for a bike that's a bit special like the SMRs? was it easy enough?

Put simply:

FC: £576
TPFT: £286


What would you do?
 

·
MODERATOR
Joined
·
12,587 Posts
get a better quote!!!!!!!!! ive just got my renewal for my 560 and my 950..
tpft £128
and fully comp. £260
thats for both bikes, with protected no claims and ride any bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
without wanting to offend, are you old?

i've had several quotes now, most are in the region of £1000 FC - i don't think ~£550 is unreasonable considering my details:

23yo, 1yr NCD, been riding just over one year
 

·
My Reality Check bounced
Joined
·
16,646 Posts
yeah but your an old barstard :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
my first quote for a 690smr was £1990

I'm 36 and have had my licence for 6 years – though I haven’t ridden anything for 6 years and only had a 125 prior to that.

I ended up paying £640 FC – I hope to god it comes down if I make it through this year without and accidents….
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up paying £640 FC – I hope to god it comes down if I make it through this year without and accidents….
the insurance for my SV650 went down from £550 to £247 after one years riding + one year's NCD, unfortunately i don't think i'll be able to put the SV on the 560 policy so i reckon it'll be back up to crazy money to re-insure it as the year's NCD is going on the SMR:frown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,811 Posts
get a better quote!!!!!!!!! ive just got my renewal for my 560 and my 950..
tpft £128
and fully comp. £260
thats for both bikes, with protected no claims and ride any bike.
Who are you with - bet it's not Carole Nash and her increasingly expensive policies?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I've only ever insured TPFT - I figure if I bugger it, and it's my fault, then tough.....behave like an arse on the bike and get caught out, it'll cost me. Focuses the mind, but doesn't stop be riding like a tit to be honest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,387 Posts
Ive been with CIA Insurance for the last 5 yrs. Even on my converted KX 500 i was only paying £115 TPF+T:smokin:..Always worth a call for a quote:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
I go TPFT. My philosophy is if you can afford to fix it yourself then there's no point going comprehensive. 1% chance you crash and it saves you, say, £2000, 99% you don't and it just costs you an extra £200 on your premium. Not a good bet. That's the kind of sums the insurance companies do to make sure they make a profit at the expense of the customers. Don't forget insurance is exactly the same as betting, except insurance companies make bigger margins than bookies.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top