KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bin meaning to do this for a while, feel the need to share some information with as many fellow motorists as i possibly can,
I work in the motor trade repairing accident damaged cars and in light of the ecconomical state many insurance companies were looking to save themselves as much cash as they could, this had a big impact on my trade (this isn`t restricted to where i work it`s standard all over the country) many insurance companies are cutting as many corners as they can when it comes to repairing your car`s after an incident, the 2 ends of the scale are ESURE being the worse by far, they have a contract repair system which means no mater how bad your car is they only the the repairer a set figure which in turn means the repairer wants to spend as little on fixing your pride and joy as possible, panels are repaired when they should be replaced etc etc etc, the other end of the scale is RBS (royal bank of scotland) who`s standards are very high,
this is only a brief outline and i`m sure many questions will follow and i hope i can help,

I take pride in what i do so it goes against what i stand for every time i get railroaded into cutting corners, i know how i would feel if it was my car!!

Floodgates now OPEN lol

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Thanks for the 'behind the facade' view of what is going on. Like you I enjoy delivering a quality service to my customers - not short-changing them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a certain amount of truth in `you get what you pay for` explains cheap car insurance from certain companies, i know i wont be using esure no mater how cheap, i dont want damaged headlights glued back together and panels with inches of filler in them!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts