KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you will have read about my bike theft on the enduro section.

My renewal is pending and because of the 2 claims, they will not insure me for theft at renewal time.

What is the use of insurance if it doesnt cover theft?

Has anyone else had bike theft and been able to get insurance and if so, who with please.

Also if my bikes are recovered (case ongoing as 2 scrotes have been arrested) and l dont claim, does that still make it a 'claim' if tha makes sense.

Bad enough having to deal with theft and all that is associated with it, let alone this.

Any advice appeeciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Have you tried a comparison site for your new insurance?

Regardless of whether or not you do end up claiming, at the moment you have a pending claim so it has to be declared.

Also I think the fact that you have reported that the bikes were stolen it will already be against your name & address on the shared insurance database, so future insurance companies will know or could check, which could bite you if you had to claim again in the future and hadn't declared it.
It's interesting point though, if you don't actually claim it can't be counted as a claim can it... in short.. I dunno.:confused:

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
You have been 'black marked' on the insurance database so whether they make a full recovery of the bikes or pay you in full they will hold this against you.
It's a modern day racket, government condoned.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It certainly looks like it. Bikesure/bennets/swinton/mcn/carole nash all say no.

Fuck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Give Be Moto a call. They are bikers and understand biker issues. They sorted me out on renewal with a good price when everyone else was pulling my pants down because I'd made a claim for repairs when I came off one of my bikes on diesel on a roundabout.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just this minute got off the phone to them, then seen your post - you are absoloutely correct ......... l discussed with them and they have given me a quote and it includes everything and for a good price. Relieved id an understatement.

Thanks for the advice though - l would have phoned them next.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Shockingly, the company that owns Carole Nash has just put in a bid to buy Bennetts off Saga. In my opinion this gives them too large a share of the market fo fair competition and consumer choice, but don't expect the current government to do anything about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts