KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right lads give me some advice, I fancy getting a trials bike to play on & I have seen a 2018 Beta 250 (2 stroke) for sale but it’s not registered my question is can you Insure a non registered bike. I gave my insurance company a call & the reply I had was unless it’s got a number plate it can’t be covered.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
It can but they don’t like it. I had to insure my xcw on the the frame number. It’ll cost more and they will want it registered long term.

Buy the bike. Insure it on the frame number. Get a v55 5 form and then register the bike. It’s not hard or expensive to do and then with a reg number your premium will drop.

The other option is buy it and a huge ground anchor and chain and say f*** the insurance companies.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
MSM are a commonly used company for insuring off road only bikes for F&T.

Quite reasonable too. My 2019 Trs was about £150. They wanted another £100 to put my 14 exc on there too.

Of course, I've no idea what they're like if you need to claim.

·
Premium Member
7,699 Posts
My new to me gas gas trials bike is registered - the dealer p.o got it from (John Lee & Sons) road reg trials bikes to make it easier to ensure them.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I also registered mine as it was new to me and that's when it's easiest. Don't think I'd bother with a 2nd hand bike unless I specifically wanted to use it on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts