KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My names Dave, I live in the highlands of Scotland and I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to you all.

Its like Christmas eve here at the moment, I will be the proud owner of a 7,000 mile 2002 model LC4 Supermoto tomorrow. This will be the second time I have stuck my toe in the KTM water, and I intend to keep this one a lot longer than the last. I know its a black engine model, before anybody tells me, but I'm sure it will be just fine if its looked after.

Looks like a great forum here, I may not be the most regular of poster's, but I'll be here or hereabouts from now on.

Dave

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Welcome Dave,

I used to love my LC4 lump!

whilst you are here can you recommend anywhere to stay between Lancashire and Isle of Harris?

/Jon

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Dave,

I used to love my LC4 lump!

whilst you are here can you recommend anywhere to stay between Lancashire and Isle of Harris?

/Jon
Hmmm, you seem to be covering a fair bit of ground there hahahaha

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hi. Mines a Bundy n Coke, cheers.

Enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bikes been delayed by a day.

The dealer is cool though, its not his fault and he has kept me in the loop.

Still, the sun is shining today and I could have got some miles under my belt to re-adjust from a V twin Ducati to a thumper of a KTM again.

Its Christmas eve in Parksters house again.

High winds and rain forecast for tomorrow though :hmh:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm also in elgin,

i have 06 lc4 640,

having new cans made for it at the minute, just too quiet for my liking!

maybe see you blasting around, elgin not exactly huge! lol

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Welcome to the asylum fella :D You'll have a right giggle on the 640 SM, I was thrashing a Duke 2 around for the last 2 years and loved every minute! Make mine a Poretti :D

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm also in elgin,

i have 06 lc4 640,

having new cans made for it at the minute, just too quiet for my liking!

maybe see you blasting around, elgin not exactly huge! lol
I'm in Forres - not too far. Either of you two in the MCMC, or on their website?
If you use Tom Adamsons, then you've probably seen my 690 in there over the past year.

·
Registered
824 Posts
hi adam,

yeah i'm on the MCMC website

was talking to you on the forum a few weeks ago, asked your opinion on highland dyno, if you remember?

yeah seen your 690, very nice

·
Registered
725 Posts
adam b
is that your 690 in at richie foss gfetting some cans made ?
did he contact you about my akrapovic cans ive got in there with him ??
if not pm me you might be interested
trevor

·
Registered
784 Posts
Trevor
That is indeed mine - I'm off to collect it today as it happens. He did mention the cans to me, but it as a bit more than I can afford at the moment. I can't see them being on the shelf long though, Akros seem to sell quickly on ebay.

Buddy
I remember that - did you go there? Chap is a great bloke, and I am sure there are a few boys on here who would also recommend him. He has done a few KTM's. In fact a lot of RC8 owners around the world, with a stock set-up, seem to now be running with the maps he wrote for mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts