KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I dunno.. from that black and white snap I think it looks more like the early Africa twin or even the transalp.

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
They do resemble the 990. Haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

They aren't shown on the Husqvarna web site, are they in production yet?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
With the exception of TQKTM you're all just seeing what you want to see...

So I've made it easier for you.

The 990 actually looks like the newer bike, in fact all three could be the evolution of the same bike in the order that I've shown them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
its a bitsa! looks like everything mentioned
i have not seen one in flesh either , has anybody brought one i wonder:unsure:
I think you're right on the money. The old 990 was unmistakeable, when you see one you know exactly what it is. I think if and when you see this husky you'll have no idea what stable it came from as its a bland clusterfuck of everybody else's bike. How very tedious.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the exception of TQKTM you're all just seeing what you want to see...

So I've made it easier for you.

The 990 actually looks like the newer bike, in fact all three could be the evolution of the same bike in order that I've shown them.
If l could do it on my phone, l would do a line drawing around each one and then do an overlay of all 3 to see how they all compare.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
........ or does this look a bit like the mighty 990 ADV?

It's you!

Nothing like a 990 (or the even better 950 adv) modern "adventure bike" next to no ground clearance because they are using a road bike engine with the oil in the sump, 950/990 had seperate tank higher up because it was designed from the start to be a Dakar winner, same goes for these modern 4x4's and pickups look all roughty toughty but take a look underneith and clearly not intended for any serious off road, might get you some facebook likes though and that is what matters in life these days :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts