KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a 690 SMC? I'm a sucker for twin underseat cans (Duke 2, 748, 996) and whilst day dreaming about buying a 690 SMC thought how good it would look! A set of the 450 SMR twin carbon cans would look amazing......droooool!

I've had a search and a google but not seen anything useful.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
You can have anything you want if you pay for it.:D

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I said if YOU pay for it:rolleyes:
I take it you won't be sending a cheque then?

I've just been looking at the 690 SM twin cans and I reckon with a bucket of used fivers and a custom exhaust builder that they could be made to fit.....or maybe Aitch could make me some JCE cans? You reading this Aitch?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Gotta say If I wanted to get back into proper road going SM malarky that would be the bike for me!!!! I love em!!!!

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How the fudge have they done this? I've had a look at my SMC and had dismissed a twin pipe conversion due to the asymmetric shape of the tank.

[video]
[/video]

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just translated the page that is linked by DRB and I reckon it's far too much work for a (for me, mainly) aesthetic change to the bike. If the translation is even close to accurate it talks about modifying the right hand side of the tank to match the left :eek: re-construct with fibreglass :eek: and something about 600 Euros worth of link pipe :eek: and that's even before the cost of the Super Duke Akra's :eek:

...looks like it's gonna be a single Akra for me :D a toilet roll has got to sound better than the OEM skip on it now :frown:

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I don't reckon its a massive job Crispy, would take a bit of workshop time/skills, I know a guy in Eastwood that might have the neccesary tools etc, he mostly does real nice stuff for Classic BSA's. I will dig out his details and have a chat with him...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts