KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya lads has some of you badass motherfucking hooligans may know i took purchase of a 2009 plate 950 smr a week today for the total sum of £3989:D.well up to now i,ve only ridden the bike once due to various reasons but what i,m slightly concerned about is i noticed oil running down the oil tank from the oil filler plug.it seems some muppets left the oil seal o-ring off the cap:frown:.i,ve also removed the seat to find the same muppet has decided the bike did,nt need a tool kit:frown:.so now my arse is twitching slightly as my £4000 bargain now needs 1)tailpiece repairing/renewing.2)both tank side panels repairing/renewing.3)left hand footrest needs replacing.4)left hand pillion footrest hanger needs replacing.5)tool kit.and worst to come is rearend looks like its on the piss,slighly to the right.i,m off now to drown me sorrows.cheers all have a good w,end.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
did you but it without looking at it?? did stevie wonder recommend it to you ???:rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:redface:yes mate it was bought without lookin at it,the dealer told me it had been over(a 10mph drop in snow)i also knew it had rh panel damage,what i did,nt know was the lh panel damage/footrest damage.i,ll admit it was a rush buy.i,d missed out on a couple the week before.then my smr came up 450 miles showing 1 muppet owner,all paperwork was there,an invoice for £7500 nov 09.who wouild,nt have taken a gamble for £4000 with that sort of miles on it.i,m still fairly confident with a few squids thrown at it,it,ll pay off.after all they,re still fetching £5500-6000 with miles on em.i,ll post a few pics tommoz c what you think.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
If it's a dealer you should have lots of legal back up to get your money back or put it right.
Trading Standards or Citzens Advice Bureau are the people to talk to.
Keep a record of the sales decription and a separate list of faults, however small but significant.

I'd be tempted to reject it as 'not as described' and try and get yoour money back - and then take it!
Get the proper advice first though.

Also, get a proper quote (broken down to individual items) for ALL the bits that need doing so you have some knowledge behind you.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
The plastic and pegs are a few hundred quid eBay job (maybe more than that now since every ktm item on eBay is now linked to the forum....)
If the oil leak is just a seal again no worries. The bent subframe/ frame would be my biggest concern. Take it to a trusted mechanic for a once over. Has it been subject of a claim?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers lads thanks for all replies.i,ve clocked up 150 miles this mornin in the piss pooring a rain to make it up to the 600 mile service,(ktm dealer next week)and despite all its minor faults(cosmetic)for £4000 its a keeper:D.i,m a bit of a dab hand at the old bodywork modification so fook the cracked panels and watch this space.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Its only the subframe that id be concerned about but still a easy fix .How much does it look to be bent ?..If its only very slight it could be repaired . At the worst its time for a new one or a good used one ..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i,ve put a straight edge up against the rear tyre,the subframe,indicators etc are about 10-15mm out.it does,nt sound alot but looks unsightly when looking at the plate

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
take the tank off and use a straight edge from the headstock ,centre of frame and subframe , to get a rough idea of where its bent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts