KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only just come across this website (abit to late :( )

i currantly have a KTM LC4 640 SM, which i bought at the begining of the year, i think i paid £2850, abit to much for the condition it was in i think, i have replaced some parts and tided it up but havent had much interest at all with selling - what do you guys think?

i love the bike, just wish it was a 6 speed though!

2005 KTM 640 SUPERMOTO LC4 SM Remus on eBay (end time 18-Sep-10 18:59:13 BST)

Warren

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
If it was really really tidy and in standard trim with the Remus can then maybe £2400'ish. If you want a quick sale maybe drop the price a touch. GLWS fella.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
You are asking rather a lot of cash for a bike that is now going to its fifth owner and looks thoroughly average (if not disappointing) on several fronts. Somehow your sales message just lacks appeal in an already crowded marketplace - just look at what is competing for a buyers cash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wasnt sure what to write tbh, dont know much about the bike....

when i bough it (6months ago) i paid £2850 and thats what they were going for at the time - now theres not many for sale and i dont think many people are buying?

the one that went for 2k is disapointing, iv at least made an effort to write something and clean it! lol

5th owner means nothing tbh, i think thats a personal thing abit like someone who has a vehicle no older than 3 years because it has warranty

what should i write? how can i improve it?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
personally i look for condition, mileage, owners, service history. then price.

my mate paid about the same for an 04' earlier this year.

its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. maybe someone will snap it up. if your not desperate to sell, hold out for the price you want.
might have some luck on pistonheads?

ps as for the comments about previous owners, although it usually doesnt matter, some people may think its a sign of a problem bike that people want to offload?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I sold my 2001 LC4 last year for £1900, BUT it was a complete minter no gay headlight with the only mods being pipe and airbox. So its what you can get for them really.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you have the standard parts i would refit them and clean it up really well. No one likes a bike with after market low grade parts. Maybe a decent branded can helps a little if the original is available also. When i see bikes for sale with budget parts fitted it makes me wonder if the bike has been looked after on a budget also. With aftermarket headlights especially cheap plastic stuff, like ACERBIS etc on road bikes it just makes you wonder if its been down the road and repaired on a budget also.

Get it back to standard and mint it up you will easily sell it then, if you spend £200 on a bike thats currently worth £1700 tops but you draw £2300 back on it then its been worth it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts