KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 125 2nd hand off a learner, so I am unsure if his has been restricted in anyway. I have a full car and bike licence so I don't need to worry about the 11kW EU limit. The bike gets to 63mph then jolts like the fuel has been cut, falling back to 62mph. I think it's no coincidence that this is 100km/h. :frown:

It's done 7000 miles so it's out of it's 'engine break in' map. Any ideas how to lift this restriction? It is still currently under warranty, so presumably I could ask KTM to do it, probably for a fee :frown: Though I do have access to car OBD at work.

My first thread, I hope it's up to your standards. Cheers. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have you got the restriction certificate? It's been a few years but I remember mine stating the type of restriction ie throttle position restriction or carb restriction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The first batch of Duke 125's were restricted to 100kph due to laws in France, this was dropped around July of 2011 and onwers were advised to pop back to the dealer for a ECU remap to the full 15bhp the Duke now comes with. I'm pretty sure that the Duke 125 cannot be tuned above the 15BHP limit due to ecu, head and exhaust port restrictions.

The rumour is KTM were told by the Austrian government not to make tuning parts for the Duke 125 as they didn't want kids tuning and breaking the bhp limit for their licence, but with 200 and 390 models sharing the same frame and running gear why make tuning parts when you can sell a brand new model.

Get your local dealer to put it on their XC-1 tool and ensure its got the correct map fitted, you should then be good for around 70-75 before the restrictor kicks in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts