KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The system on my bike.

I am guessing it is just the pipe coming off the head looks incredibly worn.

Any way of bringing it back a bit or whats best to clean it up ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'd say get it cerakoted.... Won't have to worry about it then....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
It’s a Ti header, just clean it with wonder wheels alloy wheel cleaner the autosol it, you won’t have to touch it again if you keep it clean 👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a Ti header, just clean it with wonder wheels alloy wheel cleaner the autosol it, you won’t have to touch it again if you keep it clean 👍
Cool thanks man - so it is part of the full akra system ? 🤔 sorry im not quite versed on the bike as of yet - Cool Should i do all of the pipe as you said and not just the pipe form the head ?

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Yes it's the Akrapovic Evolution header, remove it then follow the above, you can do it on the end can too if its a bit mucky, but if you autosol the silencer it will end up shiny as apposed to matt. I'd just clean the end can with WD40 and a microfibre cloth, should be right after that

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
No worries, just take your time and it will look like new after. If it has any corrosion on it then use wire wool (3 grades from coarse to smooth) I'll post up some pics later of the header on my Hypermotard stainless header after the same treatment

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is the Full Akrapovic system.

The Header consists of two sections, the first part is Stainless steel for durability. Only the second section is Titanium!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts