KTM Owners Forum banner

isle of man maps

15K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  excman 
#1 ·
can any advise me how i can get a os map or green lane map for the isle of man.
i know i can meet people to take us out for a day:D, but would like to know where im going and have been:confused:
thanks steve

#2 ·
#3 ·
The best maps to by come from bookshops / newsagents in the IOM and are produced in the isle of man.
You get 2 maps (one North and one South).....and the best bit is they're all marked up properly with the rights of way.

I've been using them for the last 10 years or so. Plenty of lanes to go on - spoilt for choice, but keep to the legal ones.

Just come back from the TT there and still did loads of lanes with the SM wheels on - :smokin:

#5 ·
As mentioned above = OS map no 95, but the best one is the two part map, this will show the track available, but beware as some of the tracks are not visuably marked with signs, some are at both ends some are not, so the guide would be the best option.
There are also a fair few tracks on `private ` land, so beware with these as well, some of the landowners are ok, but some are not!!

Keep between the markers on the uplands, look out for walkers etc and you will have a great time

#7 ·
I am pretty certain that they cannot, but as soon as you get of the ferry in Douglas, go into the Visitors center in the sea terminal and they can be purchased there.

Unfortunately we are still a little behind here I am affraid when it comes to IT.... ( well some places are and the IOM Gov: sites are actually crap!! looks like some 6 year old designed them.. Lol )

whem are you coming over here?????

#14 ·
hi mate click on this link http://shop.isleofman.com/ go on to maps and they are £7.00 its a two part map in a plastic wallet;:)
Yep these are the best ones to get.. There are a few places on the Island which sell them as well.. £7 as said above, excellant! value

#16 ·
Just a thought,whould I be cheaper to drive my van to the docs then travel as bike and rider on the ferry,
and find a b&b for a couple of nights.
That is if there are any that whould put up a dirty smelly off roader lol.
Getting marred in September so money a bit tight :( and can't blow the secret bike fund lol
Getting marred in September so money a bit tight :(

#20 ·
It will cost you around £200 for van , if you leave it after end sept it will be a bit cheaper.. A bike will cost you around£120, but there is a car park at Heysham and I think the overnight is about £7.. If you are going from Liverpool , you are a bit limited on parking.
That time of year there are loads of B+B in Douglas from about £20 upwards. You could bring your Van and park at Sulby Cladaughs for nothing.. I know what I would do.
You can easily cover over 100ml, a day here if you are really keen .. Its a bit warm and dusty here at the moment, but by the time september comes it will be more damper!! Lol.u

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.