KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isle of Man trip 2010

My self and a few guys off here had a little jaunt at the weekend across to the trail riding mecca better known as The Isle of Man.

The crew consisted of myself, Niknak, KevInYorks, Pecgaz, Moby and last but not least Stuj.

We shipped out of Heysham on Saturday afternoon for 2 days riding that we had booked with the islands number 1 guide.

I was a little apprehensive about riding as I have been short of bike time recently for one reason or another, infact I was beginning to think I had lost the biking mojo !!

Sunday morning came and after a full English breakfast was lashings of hot tea we were all ready to go.

The lanes over there are brilliant, they go from being littered with lots of small,medium and large rocks, to being deep bogs that nearly swallow a bike. We were to sample them all !!

Probably the most famous lane is the one called Doarlish Cashen or in laymans terms......The Foooking Slabs.

For those of you that have never ridden them they are polished rock and bloody steep to the point of when its wet you can’t hardly stand up on them. Yes they are that evil !!

Here’s me getting it wrong on the way down. :redface::redface::wanker:

YouTube - Isle of Man slabs

We did lots of fast flowing tracks with minimal road work in between as the guides knowledge was second to none, Its well worth the little extra cost to employ the services of a local guide, as well as keeping the riding flowing he also fills you in with a bit of history of the island too.

I aren’t going to bore you all with reams of text about the different lanes as I don’t know the names of them.

However I did have my camera with me so I will keep adding videos as I get them uploaded to youtube.

Here are a few to get you started.

YouTube - Isle of Man trail riding

YouTube - FILE0040

We all had a cracking weekend, The Isle of Man is a lovely place, full of extremely nice people who make you very welcome.

I can’t wait to go back.

Oh and by the way... never sleep on the top bunk of the ferry with niknak underneath you !!

YouTube - moby :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Registered
791 Posts
You Bugger. You never told me you was coming.. :( I feel all lost and upset now!!

Doarlish Cashen is a Twat eh?? We went down it the other week and it was pissing down.. subsequently our bikes just gave way.. ended up launching the thing down. Hopefully you done the Slieu Wallian lane from behind St Johns, thats a good fast rocky lane I am sure Richard would have taken you all there.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time i'l be there soon, we are all fitting lights so we can go night riding should be fun

·
Registered
791 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time i'l be there soon, we are all fitting lights so we can go night riding should be fun
Oh Dear!! Ring me when you get stuck?? Lol.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
looks like you lads had a good time!!!!more posing than riding is that nik praying aswell:rotflmao:thinking your going up rather than down just around the corner is collarbone hill which are massive slabbs were you cant get any grip did you go up them?they are ok when its dry but a cunt when wet as is your video!!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Great report, Crackin' looking weather and some great trails too :smokin:

Im not jealous :frown: .....Ok maybe a little bit then ;)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Ha Ha , lmao kev in yorks idea

You Bugger. You never told me you was coming.. :( I feel all lost and upset now!!

Doarlish Cashen is a Twat eh?? We went down it the other week and it was pissing down.. subsequently our bikes just gave way.. ended up launching the thing down. Hopefully you done the Slieu Wallian lane from behind St Johns, thats a good fast rocky lane I am sure Richard would have taken you all there.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
My phone got blocked by 02 cos I hit the data transfer limit within an hour of landing.....

anyhow... here is Brompton from above
YouTube - Brompton IOM Slabs.wmv
Doh!! Thats a great shame as I never went out last weekend, 1st time in ages I hav`nt been out.. Looking forward to see the vids etc.. I looked at a few .. top notch , well done Mark.. I am going away tomorrow for 3 weeks in canada/USA, when I come back it looks like I am getting a new exc300 as Tom want a change to 2T, so the RFS is going!!!

I hope Richard looked after you all?? I am going into his work tomorrow , so will have a chat and find out the story..

Best regards to all

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Richard and Suzanne were the perfect hosts, a lovely family who made us feel really at home.

The cakes were awesome after a days riding.

Your island is wonderful... its a shame the uk isn't the same !!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I agree , we are a little spoilt. Its offroad heaven really here as I said when I was over. Thats why we get out as much as we can and its all local with little road work.. brilliant .. come over whenever you want. Tom will be up for it if I am not about.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts