KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after watching the isle of man tt again on tv i found myself saying again (i wish i had gone)
so next year i would like to take my exc-r for a play and watch the tt at the same time.
my question is are there places to ride or aloud to ride when the tt is on.
i know its knighter's home ground but is it private land he uses?
has any one been and is it worth taking the bikes.:scooter:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
youlle love it!went four times last year bin once this year but had three days in the local hospital but thats another story!back before the lanes shut i think so many shut 1st november.

·
Registered
791 Posts
There are a load of guys from the UK here this week.. I have been out a good few times and met various groups. We have around 50 lanes here which are signed up , but there are also others which are not.
Yesterday was a wet day , but the tracks where still hard and dry on the top.

The DOT do close a few of the tracks over the winter months, but not too many and there are plenty others to ride , so dont worry if you come in the winter.

I had a great day out yesterday with my lad, until I had a `ejection` and landed on my bars (in the groin.. Ouch!!) bugger that , went home then to cry.

Everyone that comes over here always asks about the Slabs at Doarlish Cashin.. I went down there yesterday and looking at the debris about a few bikes have been there over the past few days.. I am sure there are a few people on this forum who know exactly what I am on about..

I am out most weekends and if anyone is over post a Pm to me.
Regards

·
Registered
812 Posts
A trail bike would be a pretty good way to get around while the roads are closed for racing I think, especially inside the course and on the mountain section. There are a number of viewing spots that you can only get to via trails once the roads are closed.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks my minds made up,just need to save some pennys up and sweet talk the other half lol
If you come after the end of september the ferry costs for you van will be a lot cheaper, also make sure you only book a 5 day return.. if you book a longer stay, then the robbing ferry bastards will charge you for two single crossings..

You will be looking at around £250-£300 for a van until after end of season... I hope that helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts